13

Slowly but surely, the sun was running away from the sky, leaving behind a trail of warm colors and a dark midnight blue that slowly started to take over the sky. The hours passed and people started to go back to their houses, coming back from work, school, or from where ever they had been for the day. But also a lot of people stayed outside for a longer period of time,  for whatever reason that they had. For the two young sorcerers, Leoni and Al, who had spent the rest of the day talking and knowing each other better while walking around, searching for curses to exorcise, the pair could be seen inside a small restaurant near the hotel Leoni stayed at for now.

The two sorcerers had become friends at a quick pace, having more in common with each other than they had initially thought. Every time one of them would add something, the other would instantly agree, and both would proceed to talk on this subject for long minutes, before the subject changed naturally, the cycle repeating itself again and again for hours. It was as if the both of them were made to meet one another. Leoni knew that Al would be someone that he would vividly remember until the day he died.

It was fascinating how two people could meet each other and instantly become so close as if they had already built years of a friendship that would constantly grow more as the days would pass. With Misaki, it had taken weeks for Leoni to become friends with the girl. It had taken weeks before the two could talk without getting into an argument or a one-sided discussion where Misaki would ask questions and simply talk while Leoni blatantly ignored the older sorcerer, sometimes even sending her annoyed glares that could have been translated as 'Shut up before I strangle you with the strings of your bass'. Something Leoni had thought of doing many times while the two were still in a cold war. But once the cold war had ended, the two had quickly gotten along, even if Leoni was still a little bit embarrassed about how he had acted, when Misaki had noticed she quickly reassured her junior that she had forgiven him.

Or with Gojo, it had taken a few days before Leoni felt comfortable to call him his friend. Gojo was always slightly annoying, but he was someone that he knew would support him no matter what and whom he could trust. Satoru was also someone that Leoni admired deeply. For his dreams, his strength, and as a person. He didn't want to disappoint his best friend at all costs. He also didn't want to disappoint Misaki, who he was sure was watching him from above. But, if there was someone who he wanted to make proud, was his mother. He would seriously never forgive himself if he disappointed his dear mother.

He loved her too much to inflict this on her.

"So, you're here to exorcise the curse that killed tens of people?" Asked the brown-haired sorcerer as he sat comfortably on his chair, his legs spread wide in an unmannered way and his back slouched against the back of his chair, both of his arms on the small round table they were seated at as the two sorcerers waited patiently for their meal to arrive.

In contrast, seated in front of him was Leoni who was seated properly, his back straight, his legs crossed on top of one another and his hands on his tights, his fingers crossing each other as he joined both of his hands together. He didn't mind the horrible way Al was sitting and answered his friend's question with a positive nod of his head.

"Exactly. This case seemed interesting enough for me to come here." Leoni slightly smiled as he answered, watching Al nod in understanding as he smirked slightly before answering his friend.

"Well good news, I'm also trying to solve this case!" The second-year sorcerer sat himself more properly before leaning slightly towards Leoni, lowering his tone of voice as he continued.

"And I started to have some leads." Leoni's eyes widened in surprise before doing the same as his friend, leaning himself towards his friend to make sure no one heard what they would talk about in the following seconds.