Chapter 8: Comforting Knight

Kitt was still trying to encourage me to stop and turn around, but I didn't listen to him. Eventually, he made me pull over and just wouldn't move.
"Susan, I understand that you are upset, but you must know that you can't run from your problems, from what I've experienced, it only makes things worse," Kitt explained.
"Kitt, do you know what Bonnie and Micheal just told me?" I said.
"I don't, but if you don't mind, I would certainly like to hear all about it." He said, comfortingly. I began to cry, I didn't know why this little fact was so hard for me. I liked how Kitt never really judged people when they were experiencing strong emotions, when I stormed inside of him, he didn't say a word about Michael and Bonnie until they had run out trying to stop me, and he didn't say a word as I cried.
"They told me that... Micheal is actually my grandfather..." I said between sniffles and tears.
Kitt didn't say anything for a moment, probably trying to analyze what I had just told him.
"Oh my." He said in an empathetic, but not shocked tone.
"Susan, may I ask for an elaboration on why that made you so mad?" He said after a while.
"Because they hid it from me, HID IT FROM ME. Until I am 23," I said, continuing to cry.
"I understand now, thank you." He said, keeping his best 'everything is fine' tone of voice,
I just kept sobbing. I never really knew why, but whenever I felt a strong anger, it was always shortly followed by a strong sadness. I also felt terrible for the way I had yelled at my Grandmother and Micheal.
" There, there Susan, It's going to be alright," Kitt said, trying to comfort me.
I could tell that maybe he was a little outside of his comfort zone.
I tried my hardest to stop crying, but once there was one wave of tears, there was another and another.
"Deep breaths," Kitt said.
I took a moment to focus on my breathing, and finally, after what felt like an eternity, stopped crying.
"There you go," Kitt said.
"I'm sorry Kitt," I said, wiping my eyes.
"For what?" He questioned.
"For just getting up and leaving," I said.
"Susan, I was hoping somebody would come out soon. Let me tell you, that Mustang will end up being the death of me." He said.
I looked out the window of the car, and there just happened to be a 1969 Camaro that passed us.
"That's a cool car," I said, totally forgetting that we were talking about the 3000.
"There is a car show at the gas station up ahead, that must have been where it came from," Kitt said.
"Oh! Can we stop there?" I said.
"Only if you promise to return to Micheal and Bonnie after," Kitt said
"Deal." I agreed.
Kitt's engine grumbled lowly as he got back on the road to drive to the gas station, which just so happened to be another Sheetz.
We got there and there were a bunch of cool exotic, muscle, and classic cars.
"I'll be waiting right here for your return, please don't take too long," Kitt said as I got out of the car.
"I shouldn't" I reassured him.
I walked away from Kitt, I didn't know what it was about him, but he always looked so... tired. Maybe it was the way his pop-ups looked when they were folded down or the way his grille was slightly curved inward where his scanner was, but he just looked tired.
I walked past a line of Mustangs, and as I continued walking forward, each car would go up a year.
I stopped at a 1977 Trans-Am. The thing looked like it was straight out of Smokey and the Bandit. The giant bird painted on the hood in gold glistened like dewdrops on the early spring grass. It was gorgeous. The pain was perfect as well, not a single scratch or swirl in it like it was brand new.
I was approached by a guy, about my age.
"She's beautiful ain't she?" He said with a heavy southern accent.
"Yeah, gorgeous," I said as the man faced me.
He had dark brown hair, was quite a bit taller than me, sharp green eyes, and his hair was styled the way Micheal had always had his, slightly curly. The only difference between him and Micheal was that he had a cowboy hat on the top of his head.
"My name is Bowie, most people call me Bo. Like Bo Duke." he said, holding his hand out for me to shake it."
"I'm Susan," I said, shaking his hand.
"Are you big into Firebirds?" He asked.
"Yeah, I think they are tough, Is this your car?" I said.
"Indeed, I make sure to keep this thing in tip-top shape." He said.
"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Bo," I said.
"Certainly, there's something I want you to have." He said as he handed me a slip of paper.
'What's this?" I asked.
"My number." He said.
Slick Bo, very slick.
"Thank you," I said.
"No problem, now you have a nice rest of the day now." He said, Tipping his hat to me.
I walked back to Kitt and got in the driver's side door.
"Are you ready to return to Micheal and Bonnie?' Kitt asked, as he automatically closed the door for me.
I sighed. "I Guess so."
He started his engine and began the route home.
"Kitt?" I said.
"Yes, Susan?" He replied.
"Do you ever get sad, or angry?" I asked.
"Yes, but not quite the same way you do." He answered.
"What do you mean?" I said.
"I can get annoyed, and have opinions on people, but it usually just fazes out after about a minute." He said.
"So you feel emotions for only a little bit?" I questioned.
"Yes," Kitt said.
"Do you ever get lonely?" I said.
"Not really, when I'm not being used, I like to use the alone time to research more about human emotions, or rechange my power banks." He said.
"Do you ever miss Micheal when he isn't around?" I asked.
"I like to have a break from him sometimes, he can be a little much." Kitt said.
We had then made it back, Kitt pulled into the driveway and went back into park