Chapter 21: The Scent of Roses

I don't even remember how many days Bo and I stayed at the Hospital. We were put inside the same room. We stayed long enough for some of the hair on my head to make a small comeback. Micheal and my Grandmother had stopped by and delivered some of my belongings, my phone included. I had it sitting on the small table next to my Hospital bed. I heard it vibrate, I never had it off of vibrate because I never wanted it to disturb anyone. My father had texted me.
"Susan! Why didn't you tell me you ran into Margret?" He said.
"Because I almost died and I'm currently in the Hospital."
"Wait? What!"
"Grandma didn't tell you?"
"Was this for the Foundation? Did they put you in danger?!"
I put my phone down. I didn't want to deal with him right now or put Dahlia in danger. My phone kept buzzing, so I decided to look at it once more, just to get him to shut up. It wasn't my father at all, it was K.I.3.T.
"Susan! I have great news!"
"What is it?"
"Bonnie found Kitt in the ashes of the building and fixed him up! He said he wants to come to see you but his communication systems are still a little fuzzy, so he had me message you!"
"That's great!"
"Yeah! I'd go see you too, but I don't want to leave Bonnie all alone, especially after what happened to you. But the police arrested Marco Berio and shut down his company. So that means you are safe, for now."
"Thanks, Kitt."
"Anytime! It's the least I can do after you gave me a second chance after what happened with the 2000."
"Why are you in such a good mood today?"
"Well, you're getting better, my friend is back, I don't have much of a reason to be in a bad mood."
"You consider the 2000 to be your friend?"
"Why not, I'd rather call him a friend than an enemy."
"Doesn't he hate your guts?"
"I don't have guts"
"It was a figure of speech"
"Well, I guess, but he'll have to get over it because I've been doing his job for him at the Foundation since he was in the fire."
"Have you met Arnold yet?
"I've been on two missions with him since then. Let's say I replaced his Crown Victoria."
"Really? He loves that car."
"He likes me more."
"It's impossible to not like you."
"Thank you, Susan."
I heard the door open, Micheal and the doctor walked in side by side. Bo sat up in his bed, he slept most of the time. Sometimes he would talk to me and flirt with me. He is good with his pickup lines, I'll give him that.
"Did Kitt talk to you yet?" Micheal asked as the Doctor walked towards Bo.
"Yeah, he said the 2000 wanted to talk to me."
Micheal smiled and brought his wrist up to his mouth. He was wearing his com-link again.
"Alright Kitt, she's right here, fire away," Micheal said.
"Susan, I am so sorry I failed to protect you... I should have waited to ensure you made it safely into your apartment... "
"Kitt, it's not your fault, Dahlia made a bad call, and I paid the consequences. It's not much more than that, besides, I'm okay now, the burns don't hurt nearly as much as they used to."
"But Susan-"
"You also couldn't have prevented Micheal from getting shot in the face, so quit blaming yourself. Besides, Karr came to the rescue."
"He did? That doesn't seem much like him."
"Either that or Karr just likes Susan because she showed sympathy for him" Micheal interjected.
"Makes sense."
Micheal moved his wrist back down to his side and the Doctor returned to the front of the room.
"Well, you two are ready to be discharged, Micheal came as soon as he got the call to pick up Susan, I'm not sure about you, Bo." The Doctor announced.
"I'll drive him home too," Micheal said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes at him.
"Well that settles it, Susan, I know you have a change of clothes in your bag, your Grandmother packed them for you. Bo, I'm not sure about you."
"I have a change of clothes in my car he can borrow," Micheal said.
"Thanks, Mr. Knight, you don't have to-"
"Oh shut it, it's the least I can do for someone who my granddaughter has a crush on."
Bo turned to me and I just wanted to disappear.
Micheal left the room with the Doctor.
"He is your grandfather?"
"Don't question it, It's confusing," I said, rummaging through my bag.
"Why do you have your Grandmother's last name if he is your Grandfather?"
"To protect my identity," I replied, pulling out the change of clothes my Grandmother had packed for me. She had packed one of my favorite sundresses, and under it was a sunhat that matched. There was a note attached to the hat, it read," Susan, I know you don't like to wear hats, but since you were in a fire, I thought you may be having a hair malfunction." After reading the note, I let out a soft chuckle to myself, not knowing Bo could hear.
"What's so funny over there?" He asked.
"Nothing, It's just my Grandmother."
I picked up the dress, then waltzed over to the bathroom Bo and I shared. It was nothing fancy, nothing compared to a hotel bathroom, but it provided privacy from each other,  and that's all that mattered. I slipped off the hospital gown, and into the dress. I liked this dress because it was that soft stretchy material compared to the itchy stuff they use on most other dresses. It was also lightweight, which means it flows nicely in the wind. I also really like the design of it. Several little marigolds dancing together on a white background sealed it all in. When I slipped Back into the actual room, with my gown in hand, Micheal had returned with a brown duffel bag. He handed it off to Bo, and I walked over to my hospital bed. I placed my gown nicely on the already mangled sheets. Then I grabbed my hat. I placed it gently on my head, the same way a queen would a crown.
"You look nice," Micheal said, as he leaned against the wall.
"Okay, what's going on here?"
"I may or may not have teamed up with your Grandmother and Kitt  to get you and Bo on a date or anything."
"Kitt agreed?"
"Not really, but he'll get over it, eventually."
"Why do you humiliate that car?"
"Hey, I'm trying to do something nice for you."
"Ah yes, you and your companionship" I heard Kitt interject from the com-link.
"Nobody was talking to you, Kitt."
"Be nice to him!" I teased.
"I am nice to him, not too long ago I took him for a wash and a wax and he still hasn't said 'thank you'."
"You probably did it because you owed him one."
He rolled his eyes at me and bo popped out of the bathroom.
Bo was wearing one of Micheal's flannel shirts, and a pair of jeans.
"It's a little big, but it works." He said. Looking at Micheal. For a second, Bo shifted his gaze over to me,
"You look amazing!" He exclaimed, some kind of sparkle in his eyes.
I slipped on the shoes my Grandmother had packed for me, a pair of white sandals, and Bo walked over to his bed and got his boots. They were the ones he was wearing when we got caught in the fire, but they didn't get damaged all that bad, just a few burns, scuffs and they were blackened by soot.
I grabbed my bag and walked towards Micheal.
"I'm ready to go when you are, Bo," I said.
It took him a second, but he slid on his boots, then said," I'm ready."
Micheal led the way out of the hospital and into the parking lot. The sun shone brightly down on all of the cars there. Front and center, the back t-top was waiting for us, seemingly anxiously.
"Susan!" Kitt exclaimed upon our arrival. I glanced over at Bo.
"You did say, I owed you one." I smiled. He just looked at Kitt in amazement. "Kitt, this is Bo, you know him." I introduced Bo.
"Hello. I'm sure you know who I am, Bo. But I have heard such lovely things about you."
"All from Susan I presume?" He asked, looking at me. His brown eyes had that same glisten in them that they had the first time I ever kissed him.
"Who else?"
"Kitt's all yours, I brought my Chevy," Micheal said, walking past us.
"Thanks again Michael, when do you want this back?" Bo asked.
"Whenever you can get it back, just give it to Susan, she'll take it from there," Michael replied from across the parking lot.
I opened the door of the black car and got in. Bo followed shortly after.
"Where are we going?" Bo asked.
"I have a route pre-set by Bonnie to Micheal's house, we'll be meeting up with her again there, '' Kitt explained as he pulled out of the parking lot. 
"It sure is a lovely day," I said as we hit a backroad leading through the lovely, lively environment.
'A great day for a convertible, no doubt," Bo replied.
I smirked softly at him, then reached my hand down to the 'C' button Kitt had introduced me to. I pressed it softly, and with a soft Beep! The roof subsided back.
"Holy cow!" Bo exclaimed in amazement as the wind rushed by us, making the lovely smell of fresh spring air potent all around us.
"It's pretty cool ain't it?" I said.
"Pretty cool? It's awesome!"
I could almost feel Kitt smiling at himself like he was human.
"I got to say it, meeting you at that car show has to be one of the best coincidences that ever happened to me."
"But you almost died in that fire."
"And so did you, we would have died together, like Romeo and Juliet."
I saw his face turn red as he jolted his glance away from mine. "Now there isn't a reason to be embarrassed."
He turned his gaze back to mine after a moment. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, we both leaned into each other. Our lips touched. I wrapped my hands around him in an embrace, and he did the same. His mouth tasted so delicious, it was like it was addictive. We didn't pull away, only went deeper. I could feel his hands begin to travel up and down my back. After about a minute, we finally pulled away, but we still held each other. I noticed Kitt had begun to play some quiet music. "Don't you (Forget About Me)" By The Breakfast Club gently emanated from the car's speakers. Not a word was spoken, but several kisses were given