A Human Living Amongst The Na'vi

My uncle told me that my birth was a miracle on its own. 

I was born during a great battle between the Na'vi and The Sky People, or humans, they call themselves. The Sky People were bad. They wanted to destroy Pandora, but my uncle didn't let them. He, along with other good humans, including my mother, joined the Na'vi and protected their home. My mother unfortunately died that day, but I was born under the Na'vi's sacred tree.

I took my first breath in Pandora, but I was still alive. This came as a shock to my uncle and his mate, Neytiri. Humans couldn't breathe Pandora's air without dying almost immediately. The air was too toxic. 

Yet, for some reason, I could breathe. The Na'vi saw this as a blessing from Eywa, and I was taken in by my uncle and aunt. 

They would sing chords. Each bead was a story in our lives. And eventually, they started a family of their own.

Months after they adopted me, my cousin, Neteyam was born. Then, a few months after that, they adopted Kiri. She was a Na'vi born from Grace's Avatar, one of my uncle's friends, who died during the war, too. Her Avatar was Brain Dead, but was still being monitored. Dad said that her conception was a mystery on its own. Then, it was our first communion with Eywa. Mom was pregnant with Lo'ak that time.

There was a common phrase going around in the Na'vi. They believed that we live in Eywa, and Eywa lives in us. The great mother held all of us in her heart.

Months and years later, they had Lo'ak, and Tuk. We were five children in all. My uncle and aunt would tell us stories of the past, and how they met. It was fun and interesting...listening to them, and about my mother. 

When they sent the sky people back to Earth, a few of them stayed. They were Science guys loyal to the Na'vi, and also a boy our age going by the name, Spider. He was raised by the science guys. Dad compared him as a stray cat, who would always hang around us...every day. We would always play with him.

The years passed by so fast. By the time I knew it, I was shorter than all of them, even Tuk, my youngest cousin, who was seven years old. Even though I was their cousin, I saw them as my younger siblings. I saw my uncle and aunt as my actual parent figures.

I didn't know who my biological father was, and I didn't need to know. If he didn't want me in his life, or didn't know about my existence, I wouldn't go and bother him. It was his choice, and my aunt and uncle supported me in this choice. The only item I had of him was a bracelet. The sun was engraved on it, and was made from a super rare metal on Earth. My biological father gifted it to my biological mother when she was off to Pandora, carrying me inside her. 

After much convincing, Mom finally let me go on hunts with her. She still saw me as a child. Since I was human, I was more prone to get injuries, such as small scrapes and cuts. But when I pestered her and she let me hold a bow and arrow, she immediately changed her mind.

The day I held my first bow and arrow, was the day Mom took me on hunts with her. I remembered it clearly. 

Wielding a bow somehow came naturally to me like breathing did. I never missed, hitting my targets or prey. Mom, Dad, my siblings, even Spider were all impressed. And when I reached the age of twelve, my parents and siblings had the shock of their lives. 

Just like the Na'vi, I had bioluminescent dots that would glow during the night. I saw that Dad didn't look too pleased to be honest. "She inherited his ability..." I heard him whispering to Norm and Max as they checked up on me soon after, but I didn't think anything of it.

Eventually, it became a normal thing. And, not only did I have a natural talent in archery, but I discovered something else about myself. Whenever I had my hand on a human or a Na'vi, I could somehow "sense" what state they were in, including how bad their injuries were. And I also had a natural talent in making medicine for the sick. I helped my grandmother heal the wounded. 

But that wasn't the crazy part. I could also take away their pain or sickness and transfer it over to me. That way, the patients could feel at ease and at peace.

I was a strong kid, so I could handle their pain. But I decided to keep this talent and sixth sense to myself and my siblings. If Jake and Neytiri found out that I could transfer other peoples' pains onto myself, then they would definitely not let me tend to the injured, especially women who were going through childbirth. That pain was the worst of all in my opinion. I almost fainted once when mom was giving birth to Tuk.

When I was sixteen, the injuries of others became far worse than a simple cut or bruise from training, hunting, or flying on an Ikran. The Sky People came back to Pandora. And the Na'vi went to war against them...again.