Time to Shop

We were up in the sky, soaring peacefully on Festus when Jason yelled, "Cyclops!" He had finally woken up. "Whoa, sleepyhead." Piper replied, sitting behind him on Festus. Leo was sitting in the front, guiding the dragon, and I sat behind him. Mainly, Piper and I decided to switch places. We were long gone from that factory where the reforming Cyclopes were. 

"D-Detroit," Jason stammered out. "Didn't we crash-land? I thought–"

"It's okay, Leo replied. "We got away, but you got a nasty concussion. How you feeling?" He asked.

"How did you–the Cyclops–" Jason started. "Leo and Elia took them down. Leo was amazing. He can summon fire–" Piper started. "It was nothing," Leo quickly replied, making Piper laugh. "Shut up, Valdez. I'm going to tell him. Get over it." She said, and began recounting the story. 

Then, she told him about the kid in the purple shirt that spoke in Latin which the Cyclopes claimed to have eaten. Jason looked to be in thought, trying to remember something. "I'm not alone, then," He said. 

"There are others like me."

"Jason," Piper started, "you were never alone. You've got us." She insisted. "I-I know...but something Hera said. I was having a dream..." Jason described to us what he'd seen, and what Hera had told him inside her cage. "An exchange?" I asked. "What does that mean?" Jason didn't know as well, shaking his head. "But Hera's gamble is us. Just by sending us to Camp Half-Blood, I have a feeling she broke some kind of rule, something that could blow up in a big way–" He admitted.

"Or save us," Piper said, sounding hopeful. "That bit about the sleeping enemy–that sounds like the lady Leo told us about."

I cleared my throat. "About that..." I started to say. "She kind of appeared to Leo and I back in Detroit, in a pool of Porta-Potty sludge." I explained. Jason looked confused, and I couldn't blame him. "Did you say...Porta-Potty?" He asked. Leo and I told Jason and Piper about the sleeping woman's face in the factory yard. "I don't know if she's completely unkillable," Leo said, "but she cannot be defeated by toilet seats. I can vouch for that. She wanted us to betray you guys, and I was like, 'Pfft, right, I'm gonna listen to a face in the potty sludge."

"She's trying to divide us." Piper said.

"What's wrong?" Jason asked.

"I just... Why are they toying with us? Who is this lady, and how is she connected to Enceladus?" Piper asked in a shaky breath. "Enceladus?" Jason asked. "I mean..." Piper began to falter. "That's one of the giants. Just one of the names I could remember." She tried to brush it off. Leo scratched his head. 

"Well, I dunno about Enchiladas–"

"Enceladus," Piper corrected Leo. "Hold up," I said, remembering something. "The sleeping face mentioned another name...I think it was Porphyrion..." I replied. "Porphyrion?" Piper asked. 

"He was the giant king, I think." She explained.

"I'm going to take a wild guess," Jason spoke up. "In the old stories, Porphyrion kidnapped Hera. That was the first shot in the war between the giants and the gods." He said. "I think so," Piper agreed. "But those myths are really garbled and conflicted. It's almost like nobody wanted that story to survive. I just remember there was a war, and the giants were almost impossible to kill." She told us.

"Heroes and gods had to work together," Jason said. "That's what Hera told me." He explained. "Kind of hard to do," I heard Leo grumbling out, "if the gods won't even talk to us." He added.

A few moments had passed before Festus dove through an opening in the clouds. I looked below us, seeing a glittering city at the edge of a large lake. Skyscrapers were lined by the shore in a crescent shape. It was a sight to behold.