Kids, Pack Your Bags. We're Moving!

The next day, Mom and Dad were arguing. Mom was pacing around in the mauri as Dad was trying to tell her something. Mom looked very upset and was on the verge of tears. Kiri, Tuk, and I were spying on them. "This thing, this Quaritch, whatever he is, he can walk right in here under Eywa's nose." Dad told her.

Kiri and I turned around, hearing quick footsteps behind us. Kiri brought a hand over to her mouth, signaling them to stay quiet and listen to the conversation. "This is our family. This is our home." Mom argued. "This is our family. It's about our little ones." Dad pleaded. "I cannot. You cannot ask this. I cannot leave my people. I will not." Mom refused. 

"He's hunting us. He's targeting our family." Dad told her. "You cannot ask this. The children, everything they've ever known, the forest...This is our home!" Mom shouted.

"He had our children. He had them under his knife." Mom's ears lowered, twitching a bit. She walked over to where her bow was placed, taking it into her arms. "My father gave me this bow as he lay dying. He said to protect the people. You are Toruk Makto!" Mom cried. Her voice was hoarse from shouting too much. "This will protect the people. Quaritch has Spider and that kid knows everything. He knows our whole operation. He can lead them right in here. If the people harbor us, they will die. Do you understand?" Mom didn't respond. She stayed silent. Only her deep breaths were heard. "Look, I got nothing. I got no plan. But I can protect this family, that I can do." Dad admitted.

Mom was looking back at Dad, crying. "But I know one thing." Dad said, stepping closer to her. "Wherever we go, this family is our fortress." He said, hugging mom.

A few days later, and Dad's leadership and status was transferred over to Tarsem, one of the people that Mom, Dad, and Grandma trusted to be the new leader if anything happened to Dad. I could tell that he did not expect something like this at all. 

The leader must die, so that a new leader can be born. Toruk Makto and his family would disappear so that the people would be safe. Mom was crying the whole walk to the Ikrans. The other Na'vi and good scientists watched us with sad looks in their eyes, but Dad reminded us that they would be safe. We were their main target.

Gathering all the stuff we could pack from our homes, we flew off. The only thing I could do was look back. Look back at the jungle I grew up in. Only wondering if we were ever coming back home again. I blinked the tears away. I couldn't find myself to look back at the forest anymore. I turned my head and faced forward, forcing myself to focus Neteyam's grasp on my arm. I moved my hand and placed it over his as he held the handle. That would help me a bit.

We were flying over the vast ocean. Looking down at the water was distracting enough, too. The light was reflecting off it, making the ocean shimmer brightly. I always did have a short attention span. My mind wandered off to many things. I couldn't keep myself focused on anything for too long. I didn't know why, though. 

...

...

When life ends, another begins. That was the cycle.

We flew on the Ikrans for days, occasionally taking stops if we needed it. We flew through a rough storm. Cold seawater splashed in my face, jolting me awake. Everyone ended up drenched except for me for some odd reason. And I had to thank Neteyam. If he wasn't holding onto me, I would've fallen off his Ikran numerous times. 

Our destination was the sea clans.

The sea clans were a world of themselves, made up of thousands of islands. It was an unknown area where we were headed. We would be able to disappear without a trace there.