A Satyr and Storm Spirits,

The storm became equivalent to a miniature hurricane. Funnel clouds snaked towards the skywalk like the tendrils of an sea anemone. Students were screaming and ran for the building as the wind snatched away their notebooks, jackets, hats, and backpacks. "Oh, shit..." I cursed, spotting Leo trying to balance. 

I found myself running...

My body was moving on its own...

Jason and I skidded across the slick floor. Leo lost his balance, and almost toppled over the railing, but I managed to grab him by his jacket and pull him back with Jason's help. "Thanks, guys!" Leo yelled.  

"Go, go, go!" Coach Hedge told us. I turned back around towards the entrance. Piper and Dylan were holding the doors open, gathering the other kids inside. Piper's snowboarding jacket was flapping wildly, and her dark hair was in her face. Jason, Leo, Coach Hedge, and I ran towards them, but it was like something was pushing me back. I looked ahead again. Dylan and Piper pushed one more kid inside before losing their grip on the doors. They slammed shut, closing off the skywalk. My face went pale. That meant we were now trapped outside...in this...supernatural storm.

Piper tugged at the handles. Inside, the kids were pounding at the glass, but the doors didn't seem to budge. They were stuck. "Dylan, help!" Piper shouted. But I noticed Dylan just standing there, now. He had an idiotic grin on his face, as if he was suddenly enjoying this storm. Was he crazy? 

"Sorry, Piper," He said. 

"I'm done helping."

Dylan flicked his wrist, and Piper flew backwards, slamming into the doors and sliding to the skywalk deck. "Piper!" Jason shouted her name, trying to charge forward, but the wind was too strong, and Coach Hedge pushed him back. "Coach," Jason said in a hurry, "let me go!" I furrowed my brows. My heart was beating erratically. The tiny hairs on my skin rose defensively. "Jason, Elia, Leo, stay behind me," Coach Hedge told us in an ordering voice. "This is my fight. I should've known that was our monster." He said, staring at Dylan.

I was so confused. "What?" Leo asked, swatting away a rogue worksheet that had slapped him in the face. "What monster?" He asked. Coach Hedge's cap was blown off thanks to the wind. And what I saw next, shocked me. Sticking up above his curly hair were two bumps–like he was half...animal. I didn't recognize the horns from anywhere. He lifted his baseball bat, but even that wasn't a regular bat anymore. It now looked like a crudely shaped tree-branch club, with twigs and leaves still attached to it.

Dylan was smiling psychotically, sending electrifying shivers down my spine. "Oh, come on, Coach. Let the boy attack me! After all, you're getting too old for this. Isn't that why they retired you to this stupid school? I've been on your team the entire season, and you didn't even know. You're losing your nose, grandpa." He replied, mockingly. Coach Hedge made an angry sound, almost like a bleating animal. "That's it, cupcake. You're going down." He announced.

"You think you can protect four half-bloods at once, old man?" Dylan started laughing. "Good luck."

I watched Dylan pointing at Leo, who was standing on my right. My stomach dropped when I saw a funnel cloud materializing around him. Leo suddenly flew off the skywalk like he'd been tossed. Somehow he managed to twist in midair, slamming sideways into the canyon wall. He skidded, clawing furiously for any handhold. He barely managed to grab a thin ledge about fifty feet below the skywalk, hanging there by his fingertips. "Leo!" I screamed worriedly. "Help!" He yelled up at us. "Rope, please? Bungee cord? Something?" He asked.

I turned to Coach Hedge who began to curse, tossing Jason his club. "I don't know who you are, kids, but I hope you're good. Keep that thing busy" –he stabbed a thumb at Dylan–"while I get Leo." I was scared. "How are you going to get him? Can you fly?" I asked. "Not fly. Climb." Hedge said, kicking off his shoes. I just stood there for a moment. Coach Hedge didn't have any feet. He had...hooves...like a pa'lis' hooves...except his legs were covered in bristles of fur. I was confused for a moment. What was a pa'li? Why did I think of that when I saw the hooves.