iv. "when the sun goes down"

◛⑅·˚ ༘ ♡‧₊˚✧

DECEMBER — 2022

Every day felt the same and because of that, Allison was tired beyond recognition, but then there was also a lingering part of her that knew she could never truly get tired of press tours. Especially with the Avatar cast.

It was a true spring of luck that they had all become best friends. A found family. She was sitting in an interview, Cast On Cast, with her slightly older costar Jamie when she was reminded of how special their cast really was.

"Hi, I'm Allison Beck and I play Zori'ina." She had been saying.

"And I'm Jamie."

"Flatters," Allison added.

"And I play," the british boy said, unwavering.

"Neteyam."

"Thank you," he told Allison.

"Anytime. Can't have you forgetting who you play again." She smiled to hold back her bubbling giggles. Two seconds in and laughter threatened to already consume her. This was gonna be a long interview.

Jamie's lips pressed together as he tried to hide a smile, shaking his head. He looked back up at her, attempting to be as professional as he could manage. "All right. Shall I go first?"

"Go right ahead," Allison motioned.

"All right," Jamie looked down at the first of his cards. "What was your favorite scene to film?"

Allison's face light up and suddenly she was forcing down a laugh that formed in her throat. "Funnily enough, my favorite scene isn't actually in the movie."

"What? Oh, wait, are you talking about that one of ours?" Jamie said.

Allison nodded, "Yep." She popped with emphasis on the 'p'. "Where Zori'ina and Neteyam are pretty intimate for like the first time — which we don't ever see their relationship, but Jim kinda told me and Jamie that there was a little subplot where like, something was kinda, maybe going on between our characters in the same way as Lo'ak and Tsireya but on a smaller scale. And this is one of the scenes that would've actually made that more clear besides me and Jamie's efforts in the background of everything and always being close to one another, little hints we were dishing out with what we could, you know?"

Jamie nodded along, even if he seemed distracted by the cards in his hands. "It added on to the celebration of the tulkan's return and it's overall importance to the clan. It was just this really great, beautiful scene where Zori'ina is dancing and has Neteyam join her and as they're both dancing, they just have this like, little moment of realization between them. That maybe there's something there. And they don't quite know what to do about it."

"Yeah, it was kind of like that one scene that got deleted in the original film. With Jake and Netiryi." Allison added. "God, I wish it wasn't cut, I loved shooting that scene. Jim needs to quit cutting the cute dancing scenes."

"Yeah, well," Jamie shrugged. "Maybe you should have picked a different scene that made it in the movie then, because mine is."

"You know what? Fine. My favorite scene that's actually in the film is a spoiler though so," Allison pursed her lips. "Can't exactly say it."

Jamie's brows furrowed as he tried to conjure up a guess and read her mind. "Which scene are you thinking of?"

"Where we all help one another," she gestured vaguely with her hands as he stared at her blankly, "you know."