ii. "with a big cake happy birthday"

◛⑅·˚ ༘ ♡‧₊˚✧

NOVEMBER — 2022
ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Her best friend was finally turning 18. Allison was no longer able to mess with Jack with a classic "when I was your age" joke — even though she's only three months older — and it bummed her out.

Since they were at Disney due to the first few interviews they have had coming up and with the holiday celebration a few days from then, they figured why not celebrate Jack's birthday with a day filled of fun. It had been years since they had last been at the amusement park, back when they had originally been casted for the Avatar sequel and had gone to experience the world of Pandora at the Animal Kingdom.

But the day off was exactly what they all needed.

"All right, birthday boy. What ride shall we conquer first?"

Jack peeked down at Allison as he tapped his chin with his finger, "Hmm. What do you suggest?"

"Don't do that. You know I'm indecisive."

The boy chuckled, "Yeah. You're right, sorry. Um," his head swiveled as he scanned the area around them in thought. Even though they were on the bus, headed to the parks. "How about... We start our day with Magic Kingdom?"

"Specifically what exactly?" Allison gestured vaguely, fishing for more of a specific answer.

"I'm thinking Splash Mountain." Jack wiggled his eyebrows mischeviously at her.

She sighed slightly and wagged a finger at him, "If we get soaked, that's a tough start to the day."

"Are you saying you'd be annoyed by getting wet on a water ride?"

Allison shot him a look and the knowing smirk on Jack's face didn't falter, "You're lucky it's your birthday, mister."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. You're just dramatic." He teased.

"I'm an actress! Of course I'm dramatic."

After taking the ferry across the lake per Jack's request — he was disappointed when he didn't see any alligators because the boy swore that was what he was looking forward to the most — they made their way to Frontierland.

The glimmer of pure joy twinkling in the birthday boy's eyes at the sight of the Cinderella Castle at the end of Downtown made Allison smile, turning away so he didn't realize he was the reason. She didn't need him poking fun at her again, even though she knew she would have claimed it was that she was just happy to get to celebrate him and to be back at Disney. It had been ages since they were last in Orlando and there he was, acting like a child stepping foot onto the grounds for the first time. It was almost as cute as the unwavering grin Trinity wore on the other side of him, reliving the magic again through new eyes as a preteen.

Jack ushered them to hurry when Allison tried to take a quick picture for her Instagram story. She sassed back at him in protest before jogging to catch up.

They passed various rides that they commented they would get around to riding on later but Jack was very enthusiastic to beat the crowd. When they finally made it, they practically walked right on. Jack sighed of relief, "See? Aren't you glad we got here so we didn't have to wait? Unlike every other ride we'll have to wait for all day."

"We can always get a fast pass," Allison shrugged.

The gates opened and Jack motioned for her to step into the ride first. "Fair point, but then we couldn't play line games."

"Like?" She inquired for him to elaborate on said games.

"You know—"

"No, I don't know."