Chapter 2: The Continuing Story

Hours passed. Luca still remained asleep. Alberto and Laurel continued to talk and slowly Alberto would open up to her.
The MRI was done to Luca's chest, and it came back to say that Luca had severe masses in his lungs as well as in the surrounding organs and tissue. The antibiotics remained on full blast in case of infection and the fluids were as well. The doctor ordered a feeding tube to be placed so Luca could eat while he was asleep to get stronger. Luca was tested for cancer, something the doctors were fearing he had.
Luca didn't seem to like it any as he would withdraw when the nurse tried to feed the tube from his nose, down his throat and into his stomach.

But the tube went down and after it did, tube feeds began.

A few hours after the tube feeds had started, Luca began to come to and wake up a little. He freaked out when he became alert enough to see his surroundings.

"Alberto, where am I? What are they doing to me?" Luca said, freaking out.
Laurel helped Alberto out of bed and followed along behind him to Luca's bed. Laurel held Luca's hand and told him that there was nothing to be afraid of and that she was going to make sure that he was taken care of and got better. Alberto smiled and said that they both were in good hands and that they would be okay in the hospital. Laurel told Luca that he was very sick and that if she hadn't taken him to the hospital that he would have died that night. She told him that her youngest son, Ian, had gotten him and his friend off the streets and out of the rain and made sure that they were okay inside his house. Laurel showed Luca a picture of Ian and then Luca asked if he could call Ian god because he saved his life.
Laurel laughed and then told Luca to tell him himself when he got out of the hospital.
Luca smiled and nodded, yawning slightly.
Alberto got closer to Luca and then said, "She is super nice. I think we will like it here until we can find your parents and we get back home to Italy."

Luca smiled and then got a serious look on his face and then said, "But what if we don't find my parents, what then? We cant stay with this family forever. We cant intrude like that. Where will we go Alberto? I don't wanna be homeless anymore. 1 1/2 days is long enough thank you."

"We won't be homeless. She says she wants to adopt us both, but is waiting until she finds out if she can find your parents or not. She says she is really trying hard to find them and she wants to make sure that we both get home safely."

Luca nodded faintly and then rested his head back against the pillow. He yawned, and fell asleep once again.

An hour later, he woke up abruptly and coughed once real hard and threw up on his bed and himself. Laurel was on her phone and then got off when she saw him being sick and went to get a nurse to help. The nurse paused the feeding machine and then helped Luca get out of the soiled gown and into a fresh one. She had him sit in a chair while she let housekeeping remake the bed.

She cleaned up the sick and then made sure everyone was okay before she left out of the room again.

The whole time housekeeping was there, Luca's face was buried in a sick bag, throwing up the contents from the feeding tube that had been thrown up and supposed infection.
When it was all said and done, Luca was glad to be back in bed and resting. He was hungry and wanted to eat.
Alberto was hungry as well but was put on a diabetic diet which he hated. Yet somehow, he was grateful for the sugar free jello and pudding he received.
Laurel asked a nurse if Luca could have something to eat and the nurse said that she would ask the doctor if his meal plan had changed and then get back with her.

Once she got back with Laurel, she said that the doctor told her that as long as Luca is awake and able to keep food down, he doesn't have to have the tube in his nose and he can eat normally. However, the tube will remain in place until he can fully eat without being sick.
A meal tray will be sent to his room within 30 minuets since he was now awake and alert enough to eat.
Laurel said thank you and then told Luca what the nurse had told her. He nodded sleepily and then said he didn't care what they were going to give him, he hadn't eaten in almost 2 days and he was really hungry.
Alberto sighed, got back into bed and then went back to finishing his lunch tray he had received earlier.
Laurel sat in a chair next to Luca's bed and texted Barley and Ian a bit in between surfing her phone. She was trying hard to find Luca's parents and she wouldn't stop until she found out something.