Chapter 7: Luca's parents find him

Months passed since that day that Alberto admitted everything to his best friend Luca.
Luca had now put on weight and his hair grew back; curlier than ever before and darker as well. His whole head was covered in dark brown locks of curly hair all over the place and his color returned to his cheeks as did his freckles in which were all over his face and entire body. Alberto had lots of freckles as well just like Luca did. Luca slowly learned to control his demon capabilities and Alberto got more and more intrigued and jealous of his powers and abilities.
Alberto slowly began to find his sense of style. Since he was around Barley a lot, Barley's Gothic metal head rocker style rubbed off on him and he slowly began to incorporate Barley's style into his own wardrobe; which consisted of heavy emo goth style with some punk mixed into it. This flattered Barley but didn't upset him.
Luca, on the other hand, was starting to gain a whole new style of his own. A more chill, laid back almost preppy look filled his closet and his appearance gave off a masculine yet feminine look about him; a strikingly different contrast from Alberto's masculine appearance.
As time went on, Luca and Alberto slowly morphed into more mature teens and began to learn more and more about themselves they never knew about before. It was both exciting and scary for both the boys as this was new territory for them. But everything worked out and things were fine.

Both Luca and Alberto had now started high school. Luca was 14 while Alberto was 15. They are both in the same grade made things easier for them as they became inseparable.
As time went on, Luca and Alberto would tell more and more about themselves to each other; becoming more and more attached and closer to each other than they were before. Their deepest secrets came out to the light and they confided in each other knowing they both had each others backs through thick and thin and nothing could break up their friendship; a friendship that was becoming stronger and stronger as the time went along. They would complete each others sentences and read each others minds and giggle when they did things that they thought were funny. When Alberto was sad Luca was there. When Luca was sad, Alberto was there and nothing could break this bond.
Ian, laurel and Barley all noticed Alberto and Luca's friendship growing and progressing as well and they smiled. They were such great friends and they both felt like they had their head in the clouds and were on top of the world. But something was about to happen that would make them grow even stronger and closer than ever; something that neither boys were ready for.

It was a typical day one Friday. It was the first day of summer vacation and Luca was busy surfing his phone and posting things on his Facebook. He never used Facebook before, let alone ever heard of it before he ended up in Canada. Alberto, on the other hand, was finding it enjoyable to be nosy and ask Luca what he was doing. Luca didn't mind however and told him everything. He turned to Alberto and smiled as he said, "Just surfing Facebook. I have Ian, Barley, Laurel and you on my Facebook. I posted a pic of me in the new blue sunglasses I got for my birthday and I wanted to see if anyone liked it yet."
Alberto smiled and then said, "I have Facebook too and have the same people on there. Barley posts some badass stuff while Mom posts a lot of cooking stuff. Ian just posts selfies or magic and crystals and stuff like that. You post a lot of selfies and pics of us together and cool stuff like that. I'm like, who is that cool guy, oh that's Luca."
Luca giggled and blushed. However, his laughter and smile turned into a shocked look as he noticed who had messaged him on Facebook.
Alberto noticed this sudden change in behavior and had to question.
"Luca, buddy, what's wrong?"
"You wont believe who texted me. I was afraid this would happen but at the same time I kinda hoped it wouldn't. I'm not ready for this conversation yet."
Luca handed the phone to Alberto and he saw that Luca's parents had messaged him and included one of his new pics he took in the message as well.
"Oh I see. I bet this can be a bit unsettling as this whole time you were under the impression you thought they thought you were dead. Now they know the truth and...."
"Yes Alberto. I am not ready to talk to them yet. I don't wanna tell them why I didn't tell them in the first place and my reasoning on why I am a demon. I don't know how I became this way Alberto. All I know is that I'm able to do some pretty cool stuff that I wasn't before and I'm not like anyone else here. I'm grateful to be alive again but I just don't know how to explain all this to mom and dad."
Luca looked down at the message on his phone and sighed. He looked at the message and read it to himself in his head.