Chapter 12: A Night to Remember

The next day came by quicker than anyone had planned.

As he said he would do, the doctor came in and gave clearance the day before for Alberto to go home. Today was the day that he got to go home!

Daniela dropped Luca off at the hospital around 9 am and told him she would pick both he and Alberto up at their normal place with Laurel.

Both Luca and Alberto agreed that when they got home they would pack and get ready to be picked up.

Daniela said that she had a surprise waiting for them when they got to her apartment.

Just the sound of that made both boys jump up and down excitedly. They both loved surprises and couldn't wait to see what it was.

Luca hugged his mom goodbye and then chatted with Alberto to pass the time away.

It was 12 noon when Alberto was discharged and boy was he happy to finally be out of the hospital.

He was still somewhat weak but nothing different from how he normally felt.

He had dark shadows around his eyes, somewhat due to lack of quality sleep and the fact he was freshly changed into a demon. Luca said the dark shadows would eventually go away but for now, he would look sleepy all the time.

Alberto scoffed when he heard Luca say that he would look tired all the time.

Due to the fact he had epilepsy, Alberto never really got quality sleep unless he took a pain pill or was knocked out by anesthesia, or got really, really high.

Alberto always had somewhat dark shadows around his eyes. That was just how it was. So no one really noticed the difference this time around.

It was roughly 12:15 when Alberto was wheeled out to the car. When they reached the car and Luca opened the back door, Alberto could barely contain his excitement. He stood up from the wheelchair he was wheeled outside in and climbed into the car. He sat down in the back seat and then buckled up. Luca sat in the back as well and buckled up beside him.

The whole ride home, Alberto dozed in and out. It felt good to not be hooked up to machines and not have nurses come in and out of his room. And it ultimately felt good to not have a catheter anymore and to be able to use the bathroom on his own.

Alberto enjoyed his independence the best he could.

There were days that he couldn't do things for himself and those days sucked, but ultimately, Alberto was able to do things on his own with minimal help; although Luca always helped him anyway.

After going to the pharmacy to get Alberto's prescriptions, they went home where Alberto woke up to the sound of Barley sitting in his car, arguing very loudly with someone on the phone.

This was very upsetting to Laurel, as she knew it woke up Alberto.

When he noticed everyone was home, he waved and nodded and then went back to spouting off and arguing on his phone.

Luca helped Alberto into the house and then they both headed toward their room where Alberto passed out shortly thereafter, hanging half on, half off the bed.

It was so funny looking that Luca had to take a picture before helping his exhausted boyfriend climb onto the bed the right way.

Once on the bed, Alberto sprawled out and got comfortable.

Luca helped him put his oxygen mask on and then got out Alberto's suitcase and began to help him start packing. He honestly didn't know what Alberto wanted to take so he put in the things he knew he would definitely need such as miscellaneous diabetic supplies and oxygen tubing etc.