|| 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||

SEASON ONE - EPISODE TEN
"THE CASKET GIRLS"

[voiceover] "For centuries, people have come to New Orleans looking for a fresh start. Looking to find adventure, fortune, and even love. Young society women imported from France with the promise of marrying a proper New Orleans gentleman like the legendary Casket Girls" Rebekah says.

FLASHBACK - NEW ORLEANS, 19th CENTURY

Three French women are traveling by horse and carriage, accompanied by a driver and a male chaperon.

"Excuse me, sir, how long before we arrive at the Governor's house?" a french woman asks.

[voiceover] "Little did they know that the men who awaited them were far from proper, and not at all gentle" Rebekah continues.

The carriage carrying the three women stops as they approach a group of men with torches and alcohol in the middle of the road who are blocking their path. The men are shouting as they swarm around them and shake the carriage. The women scream until the shaking stops, when the sound is suddenly replaced by the shouts of the men outside. They look around, frightened and confused. The man inside the carriage slowly opens the door and looks around at the devastated of deceased and bloody men scattered on the ground. Afraid, he tries to retreat back into the carriage, but is quickly pulled back out by an invisible force. After a moment, the carriage door opens, and Rebekah appears, dabbing a dribble of blood from her lips.

"There, there little lambs, all the bad men have gone away" She begins speaking French "You're safe here, please forgive the disorder" She returns to speaking English "Us girls have got to stick together. Now, is there anything you want to take with you?

Rebekah helps the women out of the carriage and retrieve their trunks from the back. Afterward, they all abandon the carriage and the carnage and flee the scene with their belongings.

 Afterward, they all abandon the carriage and the carnage and flee the scene with their belongings

...PRESENT DAY, FRENCH QUARTER...

New Orleans is abuzz with mills of people in town for the annual Casket Girls Festival. A horse and carriage is seen driving down the street while people dressed up in old fashioned costumes and wedding dresses drink on the sidewalks. Rebekah walks down the street with a smile on her face as she takes in the party atmosphere.

[voiceover] "The Casket Girls legend lives on, now celebrated in typical New Orleans fashion with stylish costumes and supernatural flair. It's a yearly reminder of how woman can be oppressed by selfish men and how they can triumph when brave enough to fight for themselves" Rebekah says.