Chapter 6

It has been two days since Jane or anyone has woken up or been to the surface and Charlie and Bella were worried for her. Yes, Bella had returned back to Forks Washington from Italy with the Cullen's in tow. And was in serious trouble for what she did being grounded. But at this point she didn't care, she was more worried about Jane at the moment more than anything. Alice had visited the girl and Bella waiting.

It seemed that she had a vision about Charlie calling Carlisle for help. Being the man was extremely worried about the girl but didn't want to call the hospital not trusting them with Jane's care. He thought he would have better luck with Carlisle taking care of her. Which was what Charlie was deep in thought about right now. He had the files and CDs that were filled with information about Jane and the Underground. His cell phone and paper in hand with Carlisle's number on it given to him by Bella. Bella was sitting across from him biting her thumb nail nervously waiting for her father to call knowing he would do it from Alice.

"Dad, please call. I promise Carlisle won't say anything to anyone. No one will, I promise. We need to do this for Jane," Bella pleaded with Charlie. Which led Charlie to look at Bella with a look of sorrow and close his eyes. Opening his eyes he typed the number and pushed the green call button then put it on speaker.

"Hello?" Was heard from the phone speaker. Carlisle had picked up the phone knowing who it was from Alice, who was watching with worry. The Cullen's were all there listening curiously as well wondering about the Jane girl.

"Hello Dr. Cullen. This is Cherif Charlie Swan. I got your number from Bella," Charlie sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair nervously.

"Yes, is this call pertaining to Jane?" Carlisle questioned pretending not to know of the matters at hand. But did know some of what was going on from Alice and Bella. After Bella asked everyone to vote on her changing Bella and Alice both pulled him to the side to ask for help with Jane. He agreed to wanting to help the girls and was also curious about Jane.

"Yes, it is. I'm aware Bella told you a little bit about Jane and what not...but I'm really beginning to worry. And it seems me and Bella only trust you to take her into your care because of certain circumstances," Charlie informed with another sigh as he looked at the case filed with information on Jane. Wondering if he should really do this.

"Yes, I understand. Would you like me to come and get her today, or would you like to drop her off at my residence. I have a medical room just in case an emergency happens. And being you two would like to keep it between us," Carlisle announced.

"If it's alright. Me and Bella will bring her now before I head into work," Charlie agreed while looking at his watch. Knowing he had to head to work today but he wanted to get Jane help as soon as possible. So he immediately suggested today for him to drop her off.

"Alright that's fine. It was nice speaking to you, Cherif Swan. And I will see you when you arrive," Carlisle nodded and said his farewell. Wanting to make sure he had everything in place again in the medical room for this Jane girl who Bella and Charlie seemed to care deeply for.

"Alright see you then Dr. Cullen," Charlie concluded as he hung up the phone and put it down on the table. Sighing once again he ran his hands through his hair again with stress as he turned to Bella and asked, "you ready to go."

Bella nodded, not really in the mood to speak. Charlie returned a nod back as he took the two heavy cases and took them to his car. Bella had already gotten dressed up beforehand. As she walked out of the house and got into the car in the passenger seat she watched as Charlie closed the trunk then opened the back door of the car and then sprinted to the house.

After a few minutes he soon came back with a still sleeping Jane in his arms. Careful he placed Jane into the back seat lying down across the seats hoping she was comfortable before shutting the door. He then ran to the drivers side and got into the car. The whole ride to the Cullen's residence was quiet; the only one who spoke was Bella giving Charlie directions. Both were worried and tense on what was going to happen to Jane. But Bella was confident the Cullen's could help. They were soon pulling up to the Cullen's residence. Carlisle was already waiting outside for the two. Eager to help.

"Hello Cherif, Bella. If you could follow right this way," Carlisle greeted and instructed as he led the way to his medical room. Gaining a line of sight over the girl in Charlie's arms who seemed to be sleeping. What no one knew though was a certain blonde vampire had caught the scent of the girl and wanted nothing more but to go to her.

"Thank you for doing this Dr. Cullen. I appreciate it," Charlie commented with gratitude. Ashe walked looking down at Jane with worry. Carlisle saw and sent him a sympathetic smile over his shoulder. As he opened the door for him and Bella who was following the two quietly with the heavy cases filed with Jane's information in hand.

"No problem. I like to help as much as I can. Just place her right here if you can," he gestured with his hand to the hospital bed in the corner of his room. Charlie nodded and did as told with a sigh. He sent Jane one more look of concern then looked at his watch and another stressful sigh escaped him as turned his attention to Carlisle.

"Alright! Well I got to head to work, duty calls. Can you please call me if there are any changes," Charlie questioned. Not wanting to go but knowing he had to get to work.

"Don't worry I will whether it be me or Bella," Carlisle informed with a smile.

"Alright! As I said thank you again. Bye Bella," Charlie said his farewell in a hurry. Sending an awkward salute to the two as he walked back to where they came from to get to the door leading outside.

"Bye dad," Bella waved back with a small smile. After everyone was sure Charlie left hearing his car drive off. One by one the Cullen's came into the room that held Jane. They were more curious than ever after hearing a little bit about Jane from Alice and Belle, especially Jasper Hale. He knew at that moment this girl was his mate and was worried for her.

With an unnecessary clearing of his throat Carlisle turned his attention to Bella. He had already walked over grabbing the cases from her wanting to get started on helping his new patient. He was about to ask Bella for more information on Jane but was stopped by a gasp from Alice. Alice was in a daze as a vision took over her mat Alec wasn't that far behind to comfort her. But all were stuck in a state of wonder and worry in what she said next, "step away everyone. And Bella get behind Edward."