CHAPTER 13

Flames ignited in all four corners of the fighting arena as now, they were finished with the preparations and were ready to begin with the first match.

"AUDIENCE! The tournament that you all have been waiting for are finally starting! Match number one-- We got the Powerhouse that has been giving us surprises one after another and finished in 1st place in the two previous rounds! From Class 1-A, Hero Course, it's Izuku Midoriya!" Present Mic announced as Izuku made his entrance. The crowd were cheering as he had gained a lot of popularity since the beginning of the Sports Festival. Some people have already put in their bets and said that Izuku will win the whole thing. Some, were still skeptical since he has yet to show his Quirk, but hope to see it in action in this match. Izuku's classmates were also cheering him on from the bleachers.

"Versus-- Sorry, he has not done anything to stand out yet! From General Studies, it's Hitoshi Shinso!" Shinso ignored Present Mic's comment and proceeded to walk to the ring calmly.

"Okay, the rules are simple! They are classic tournament style! In order to win the match, you have to force your opponent out of bounds, immobilize them, or force them into submission! Bring on the injuries! I want this to be entertaining! Don't worry, we have our very own Recovery Girl waiting on standby to patch any students up! Put your morals and ethics aside for a moment! But of course, anything life-threatening is strictly prohibited. Heroes should only use their fists to catch Villains!" Present Mic announced the rules.

"I will stop the fight if things go too far!" Cementos said as he made a chair for him to sit on.

Izuku took a deep breath, narrowing his eyes at his opponent

"Forcing your opponent into submission, huh?" Shinso said suddenly gaining the attention of Izuku.

"This is a fight to test the strength of your spirit. If you know what you want for your future, then you can't worry about appearances."

"READY?" Present Mic called out.

"That monkey was going on about his pride... "

"START!" Present Mic announced the official start of the match.

"...but don't you think he was dumb for throwing away his chance? What an idiot. Serves him right." Shinso said.

Izuku's eyes widened as he heard his opponent say those words...and something in him.. snapped . Shinso was disrespecting Ojiro's Pride.

He then began to run towards him with his eyes burning in rage

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!

But suddenly, Izuku stopped in his tracks...

Shinso grew a victorious smirk.

"And that's checkmate. I win."

Ojiro began pulling his hair in frustration.

"Damn it, Midoriya! I went through all of the trouble of warning you, and you still let him get you like that!"

Allmight widened but then shook his head as he saw how Izuku just stopped moving

'I knew it...it seems I made the right choice on you not being fit for OFA'

"Hey, hey, what happened?! Why did Midoriya stop moving?! Come on, it is the important first match! Liven things up! We're trying to be entertained here!" Present Mic yelled.

"What's going on with Deku-kun?! Come on, move, do something!" Ochako cried out.

"Midoriya! The match just started... and he's completely frozen?!" Present Mic shouted as he and the rest of the audience were confused.