CHAPTER 18

Izuku glared at the No.2 hero with hate, his anger boiling even more

"What the hell do you want?" Izuku said towards Endeavor who simply smirked at the boy

"I watched your fight. You have a wonderful Quirk. You created so much pressure from yelling. If we're talking about power alone, yours is comparable to All Might's." Endeavor pointed at Izuku who glared at the hero with hate

Izuku did his best to maintain eye contact and control his anger but the flames present on Endeavor's face were making it quite difficult to do

“My Shoto… he has a duty. He will surpass All Might. His fight against you will be an excellent proving ground for him. Do your best not to disgrace him.” Endeavor turns away when Izuku finally opens his mouth to speak.

“There is nothing I could do out there that would disgrace him as much as you have.”

Endeavor, the Number Two Hero, the Flame Hero, freezes in his tracks.

“What did you just—”

“It’s obvious how much he hates you,” Izuku continues. “His refusal to use his fire is pretty telling.”

“Shoto is going through a rebellious phase,” Endeavor responds coolly, turning again to face Izuku in full. He’s much taller than Izuku. The Flame Hero looms above him, flickering ominously in the light of his own fire.

“He’d rather die than be associated with you,” Izuku says.

“I’d watch your tongue, boy.”

“I don’t understand what you intend to prove,” says Izuku. “Even if he goes on to be the next Number One, do you really think people will say he ‘surpassed All Might?’ The man’s at least a decade past his prime. No one will ever surpass All Might.” Izuku shakes his head. “Because All Might is so much more than ‘the Number One Pro Hero.’ He chose to become the Symbol of Peace. To make Japan safe with his presence alone.”

'Izuku:even though he's a piece of shit...and a person 2ho goes back on his word'

Izuku glares up at the Number Two Pro Hero in Japan. The man’s posture radiates fury, a fury more extreme than even Bakugou at his worst.

“No, he’ll be compared to you. Do you know what they’ll say, Endeavor? That your son is a better Hero than you ever were. Your legacy won’t be ‘The Man Who Surpassed All Might.’ Even if Todoroki pulled that off, that would be his legacy, never yours. No, your legacy will be the Hero who never made it all the way to the top and then lost to his own son.” Izuku’s scowl turns up into a cruel smile, one that was so similar to those who are above mere mortals “The eternal Number Three.”

Endeavor snarls, his flames burning hotter, higher, leaving scorch marks in the ceiling where the flames lick the tile. He tilts his head back to literally sneer down his nose at Izuku.

“You insolent little brat,” he spits.

“I don’t think you’re allowed back here,” says Izuku with the same casualness you would use to discuss the weather. “After all, this is for students and staff only. You wouldn’t want to get charged with trespassing now, would you? Or, more accurately,” Izuku tilts his head, hoping his condescending pose hides how flat his ears are against the back of his head, “of fixing your son’s matches. That would sure get Todoroki some notierity, huh? The Number Two’s son can’t even win without daddy dearest threatening the other kids?”

“You…” So much hatred, venom, years’ worth of pent up frustrations boiling over, all bleeds together into that one word from Endeavor.

“Careful, Endeavor, it would be hard to explain why I have burns on me,” Izuku says. “After all, Todoroki doesn’t use his fire.” Endeavor makes a horrid choking sound. Overhead, Present Mic’s voice comes through the building intercom.

"I guess that's my cue to leave oh yeah just one more thing...I hope you know that your career might turn to smoke soon er than you think, so it's better you try not to make a mistake Eternal No.3"

With that Izuku left, leaving a pissed off No.2 hero with his fist tightened along with bus flames burning even more furiously

As Izuku steps out onto the field for the third time, the sunlight seems more blinding than ever. Todoroki himself seems unfazed. His eyes are distant, off at some point in the stands. Izuku doesn’t need to look to know. It’s Endeavor that Todoroki is glaring at. Izuku was right. He isn’t even looking at his opponents.

“You came,” Todoroki says, as though his opponents running in fear of him is the expected outcome. Izuku tightens his hands into fists, feeling his heart pounding along with his marks glowing a dim orange

Izuku’s mind whirls and taking deep breaths. He knows full well that Todoroki will open with a massive ice attack. Try to end the fight in one shot. That’s what he’s done against his opponent but maybe Todoroki is probably running up against his own limits.

Izuku knows he's strong enough to take Todoroki down, even if he was enclosed in an ice prison he would still grt out with his strength alone. He takes a breath. A plan, half-baked and desperate, comes to mind. And for once...he didn't even care if his body breaks

“These two competitors have rocked the Sports Festival!” Present Mic says. “Two of the strongest members of Class 1-A, facing each other with this battle to see who will make it! But only one can stand at the top!” Midnight raises her arm.

“Todoroki versus Midoriya!” There’s a pause of a few eternal seconds. Then she waves the arm down. “Start!”

The start of the Battle and Todoroki set off a large Ice attack towards Izuku and then something happened with his arm flexed and sent it forth towards the large ice that suddenly stopped and then broken apart and a large bust of wind was sent towards Todoroki who felt himself getting pushed from the wind but he held his ground until the wind stopped

With a look that was surprised be turned his attention to Izuku who glared at the bi-colored haired boy with steam bring shown on his upper body and his eyes close to bring red a,oh with bus hair raising up

"Todoroki...I'm warning you...you better give it your all otherwise...I'll make sure...EVERY BONE IN YOUR BODY IS BROKEN!"

With a shout Izuku sent a Shockwave from his yelling which caused the ground to shake along with the spectators to cheer at what their seeing with one particular observer was watching intensely at Izuku wih a smirk on his face

'Bahahahaha I see you're still the same Asura...although i wonder if you've gotten stronger...let me observe you more and see

Chapter End.