CHAPTER 16

"OKAY! So after that whole marketing scheme fiasco, let's try to get back on track, shall we? We'll start the next match!" Present Mic announced as the jumbotron displayed both Katsuki and Ochako, thus making the crowd cheer as they anticipated the third match of the first round of the tournament.

"This next one might be the most disturbing match-up." Tsuyu said.

"I almost don't want to watch... "Jiro shuddered as she voiced the majority of Class 1-A's thoughts.

Ochako and Katsuki both began walking towards the ring. Katsuki looked dead on at Ochako as his expression remained neutral. Ochako however did not falter against his intense gaze. She was determined to win.

Izuku looked on as he tightened his fists.

"The third match of the first round! These are our participants!" Present Mic shouted. "He was kind of famous in middle school! That isn't the face of a regular person! From the Hero Course, it's Katsuki Bakugo!"

"HEY WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY FACE!" Bakugo yelled out in anger as his face was kind of unsettling due to his mean mug.

"VERSUS-- She's the one I'm rooting for! From the Hero Course, it's Ochako Uraraka!" Present Mic shouted.

"Wow, way to show how biased you are." Aizawa said monotonically.

"You're the one that makes things float, right, Round Face?" Bakugo suddenly said.

"Round... Face?" Ochako asked as she widened her eyes in shock. How doesn't he know her name by now?

"If you are going to withdraw, do it now. You won't get off with just an 'ouch'." Katsuki said a she continued to stare at her with eyes that shone pure fury.

Ochako grit her teeth as she stared back with defiance showing that she was not backing down no matter what.

"Midoriya, what was the strategy you were going to tell Uraraka earlier for her to use against Bakugo?" Iida asked.

"...to give Ochako a bit of an edge" Izuku replied as he held his Hero Journal. "Bakugou's strong. In a real close combat fight, he has almost no openings, and the more he moves, the more he sweats, making his Explosion Quirk stronger. He can use the blasts from his explosions to move around in the air, but if Ochako touches him and uses her Quirk to make him float, then she would have the upper hand. It would be pretty much game over from that point. That's why... the first thing Ochako should do is... "

Ochako took a deep breath as she put on a face that said, 'I'm ready!'

"Third match, start!" Present Mic announced

"... a swift attack" Izuku finished.

Ochako immediately rushed towards Bakugo with her right hand outstretched below her.

"Withdrawing is not a choice!" Ochako yelled out.

"All right! That's good. Even if it's an accident, as long as she can touch him, she can make him float!" Izuku said as he was glad that Uraraka was attacking Bakugo with the proper mindset.

"Bakugo won't want Uraraka to get close to him!" Iida added.

"That is why he won't want to evade. He will want to counterattack" Izuku said as he knew what Bakugo would do against Ochaco in that situation.

Bakugo scoffed, "Then, die!"

"Kaachan , ou usually start with a big right swing...."

Ochaco remembered Deku's words when he and Bakugo had fought during the combat training.