Chapter Five V

CHAPTER FIVE - V
November 15th, 2023
9:13 AM

Arthur checked his bag one last time. All of his supplies, and even a few of Alfred's, were either tucked safely inside his bag or on his actual person somewhere. He picked up the knife again, drying off the last of the holy water.

"Now... lets see if I can get a private jet to America... I'd never get all this past security..." Arthur picked up his cell phone and notified his boss that he was going to be absent for some time and would need a private jet to the states. He didn't set a return date because he wasn't sure when he would be back.

"If I'll be back..."

After getting an only slightly confused reply, Arthur ended the call and slung his backpack over his shoulder.

-------------
November 16th, 2023
6:34 PM

Arthur stood on the doorstep of Alfred's house, drawing a protective charm in ash* on the door.** The incoming storm may wash it off, but the imprint will stay for at least a few hours. That seems like more than enough time to search out any clues as to the nature and location of the more powerful demon.

Satisfied with his work, Arthur entered the house. He decided to turn the electricity back on, even if just for a few hours. He flipped the light on, making his way to the bedroom. He froze when he opened the door.

Glass was scattered across the room, radiating from the shattered mirror at the back of the room. Arthur slowly picked his way through the slivers of glass, reaching the full-length mirror.

"It looks like something hit it..."

Three circles of cracks decorated the mirror, as if something had been slammed against it. What was most horrifying, though, was the red liquid running in streaks down to the floor.

Arthur lifted up one of his boots, his breath catching as he caught sight of a small piece of paper, almost entirely hidden by glass.

He cautiously reached down, tugging the paper from the pile of glass, eyeing the dark red splatter on the corner. Something was written in scrawled handwriting... in what Arthur sincerely hoped was red ink.

-We have your treasure! Treasure, treasure! You killed my brothers and sisters, so now your treasure shall pay! Pay pay! Hee hee! Blue treasure is PrEtTy pretty! Pretty blue! Blue Treasure put himself with us to keep you safe! You repay Treasure badly! NoW TreaSuRe Is OuRs! Hee hee!

Arthur felt sick. If this was a message from those demons, and they were talking about who Arthur thought they were... he needed to defeat those demons as soon as possible. But where did all that blood come from?! Spirits couldn't bleed...

...could they?

Arthur dropped the note, swallowing thickly. He turned around, sweeping the glass aside with his foot. If his hunch was correct, there would be no more help from Alfred...

Arthur began searching through Alfred's room, looking for any clues as to what that demon is. He opened every drawer he could, dumping their contents on the floor. Movies, video game magazines, loose change, clothes. Nothing that was of use. Arthur took one last look in the closet. Nothing.

He ran a hand through his wheat-blonde hair in frustration, trying to think of where else-

Hit with an idea, Arthur crouched down, careful of the still-remaining glass, and lifted up the bedskirt.
Just as he'd thought, a long, flat box lay underneath the bed. Arthur dragged it out, undoing the clasp on the front before opening it. Inside was what looked like a journal and a few concealing charms drawn on paper. Underneath the journal was a strange doll.