7

Unsurprisingly Quinn had fallen asleep in her mothers arms, so they all slept in the living room that night no one left. Jessica knew her daughter would fall asleep it was bound to happen the girl was emotional and tired she herself had been a bit scared for her daughter this was huge for her she hadn't expected to be coming out this way. She'd wanted to come out on her own terms and now she couldn't because of the possibility of being outed again. The older Fabray sighed and was pulled from her thoughts when she heard her daughter calling for her "Mommy ?..." Quinn said quietly as she sat up and rubbed her eyes panicked that her mother was no longer holding her. Quietly Jessica went into the living room and quickly went over to her daughter she saw the panicked look on her face " Hey sweet girl...mamas right here.." she said softly as she picked the girl up knowing she wanted nothing but to be close as possible to her.

Quinn laid her head on her mother's shoulder taking in her scent she could tell she'd taken a shower but she could also tell she'd been drinking coffee "Where'd you go ?.." the hazel eyed girl asked quietly as her mother walked back to the kitchen "I went to take a shower and make myself coffee that's all you know I wouldn't leave you darling" Jessica said with a smile laughing a little when she heard the girl stomach growling "Someone's hungry what's my little lion want ?" The older Fabray asked smoothing down the young girls wild blonde hair "Pancakes ?..." Quinn asked quietly. Jessica should've known that's what she wanted it was a comfort food for the young girl "Sure I can make that and how about a chai latte ?" She asked "Okay.." the younger blonde said but whined when she felt her mother setting her down "Mama no !.." Quinn whimpered as her hazel eyes immediately filled with tears "I'm not going anywhere I'm just going to make your breakfast I can't hold you and do that sweetheart" Jessica told her gently and wiped away the girls tears "Mama isn't going anywhere I promise...do you want me to wake up daddy so he can hold you ?" She asked her and wasn't to surprised when she shook her head no.

So Jessica began making her daughters breakfast making some for herself as well. She could hear her daughters quiet sniffing because she wanted to be held. "Quinn sweetheart don't cry I'm almost done I promise" she told crying girl "No....I-...I need you now mommy.." Quinn whimpered as she clumsily wiped her tears "I know baby but I need to finish making your breakfast so you can eat and take your medicine" Jessica told her hoping her daughter would calm down before she worked herself up anymore than she already had. Quickly she finished her and Quinn's pancakes adding strawberries and whipped cream to them before sitting their breakfast down at the table and sitting beside her daughter unsurprised when the young blonde crawled into her lap. "After you eat and take your medicine you need to take a shower and brush your teeth okay ?" Jessica said with her arm wrapped around her waist as she ate her breakfast "But then I wouldn't be with you..." Quinn said quietly as she turned and looked at her mother "It'll just be for a little while baby long enough for you to get clean and into some fresh clothes" then you can snuggle with mama all you want til it's time to make lunch" Jessica told her and much to Quinn's dismay she nodded her head "Okay mommy..." the blonde said looking down at her breakfast and frowning.

 "I can't eat this mommy" she said looking back at her mother "Why ? That's what you asked for baby" Jessica said furrowing her brows in confusion "There's an uneven number of strawberries on my pancakes" Quinn told her pushing her plate away and grabbing her latte instead "Why does it matter how many strawberries you have ? You don't usually care" her mother said "Well usually you give me six not five and five is uneven" Quinn told her "Sweetheart just eat your breakfast it's fine 

Once Quinn finished her breakfast and took her medicine Jessica sent her upstairs to shower sighing when the young girl left. Quinn seemed to be reacting differently than she had when this happened before and Jessica knew she felt that way bc the kids and adults from their old city had told the young blonde that her parents would leave her and that her mommy wouldn't love her anymore she had a vivid memory of Quinn being terrified to ever leave her side for two weeks. Anytime she'd moved even an inch away from her daughter the girl would burst into tears...it's been incredibly hard for them the first go round.