I blame Jimena

Why the fuck was I up at 5 am? Jimena seems to think it's appropriate to wake up at 5 am just to look at the sun. She's an amazing friend, and I love that she thought to invite me. I'm just not a morning person.

So as soon as the sun was done rising, I found myself zombie walking back to my dorm. No one in their right mind should be up at this hour on a Saturday morning.

"Amelie?" I groan at my name being called by an unfortunately familiar voice.

I tried to walk faster and pretend I didn't hear, but he caught up easily. "What are you doing up at this hour?"

"Jimena wanted to watch the sunrise," I answer curtly.

"My dad did a series of photographs called Sunrises of the World. It was more toward the beginning of his career but one of those pictures was taken here at Montgomery!" He told me excitedly, okay, his excitement was kind of cute. 

"Your dad's a photographer right?" I vaguely remember him mentioning it once, so I decided to ask. 

His face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. "Yeah! He does, he's been a photographer for National Geographic since he was 23! Thank You for remembering!" 

"Aww, that's so cool! Is that why you've moved a lot?" 

"Yeah, his two favorite places to photograph are New York and Paris, says he loves the diversity in landscapes, backgrounds, but most of all the people." He informs me.

"Are you planning on joining the photography club?" I ask him.

"Nah, I did my first year here, but it's not my thing. I can't capture anything the way he does, with the passion or beauty that he does it with." He reflects, not feeling pity for himself, but admiration for his father and acceptance that he's different.

"So then, what do you like?" I question him.

He smiles at me with- adoration? "I like to play music, I play the drums. I'm in a band with a couple of guys in the city, we play on weekends. I also like to cook and read. I can't see how any of those can get me very far in life, but I suppose I'll figure it out." He shrugs. He likes to cook? I didn't expect that from him.

"Well, you can get famous with your band for one. I can say that I knew Hudson Lavinge before he was famous! Hey, matter of fact, can I get your autograph so that I can sell it for a bazillion buckaroos in five years!?" I exclaim excitedly.

"Eh, music is fun and all, but I'm only in the band because I happened to know how to play the drums and I also happened to owe the bassist a favor while they look for another drummer." He says, kindly rejecting my proposition.

"Well then, become a five-star chef?" I suggest.

He looks at me with a curious glint in his eye, "I'll think about it. What about you? What does Amelie Costas want to do?", turning the focus of the conversation toward me. 

I shrug, "I think I'd like to write. I mean, I have the privilege of money. I'd just like to hide away in a cottage somewhere and write mystery novels. Get away from all the hustle and bustle of the city, y'know?" I asked while thinking of the invasive paparazzi.

"You're different than I thought, Amelie." He states. Huh?

I look up upon realizing that he'd paused, we're in front of my dorm. How did he know I was headed here? Did I mention it?

"I'm assuming that you'll want to go back to sleep after the crazy hour that Jimena decides to wake you up?" He explains after noticing the confused look on my face.

"Yes! Thank you, Hudson!" I exclaim in relief at someone else's understanding. 

After getting nice and cozy under my collection of fuzzy blankets and homemade quilts, my brain flooded with thoughts of Hudson. 

Well, shart. Now I can't sleep.

Hi! Here's something short and sweet, I won't be able to update as often anymore

Hi! Here's something short and sweet, I won't be able to update as often anymore. I was updating every other day before, but I'll only be able to update once or twice a week now seeing as I have started school once again! I hope that you enjoyed this, take care! xoxo