Lovely Amelie

Hudson's Pov

I'm in love with Amelie. I don't know when I realized that I love her. I know that I love her now, while she's proudly picking out a crochet stuffed animal for each kid based on their personalities.

And I loved her yesterday when she burned the food she was trying to make for me.

I loved her last week when she was nervously inviting me over to her house for the winter holidays.

I love her when she sleeps in, when she leaves little notes in my dorm, when her hair smells like that coconut conditioner she uses, when she sticks her tongue out while concentrating, when she makes that little surprised gasp the minute I kiss her on that special spot between her neck and her jaw. 

I love Amelie Costas. 

"What's your favorite color?" Amelie asks a small girl that looks no older than 6.

"I like pink." The girl is evidently shy and nervous to reveal this fact.

"Oh that's a good color, it's my fourth favorite one! I have a pink kitty and a pink penguin," Amelie holds them up and short chubby hands nervously grab the penguin.

"Good choice! What do you think you'll name her?" I smile. Amelie is so good with everyone. 

"Excuse me, hellooo" I hear a small voice say. 

Oh right, I'm handing them out too.

I turn to the sassy little girl, her hands were on her hips and an eyebrow was raised expectantly.

"I'm sorry about that," I laugh. "What's your favorite animal?"

"I like unicorns." 

"Well you're just in luck, we have quite a variety of unicorns."

"Yeah, but I don't want a unicorn. I want that lion over there." She points to the purple lion 

"That's an excellent choice!" I suddenly hear Amelie next to me. 

I watch as she picked up the lion and handed it to the girl "She's a little bit nervous about getting a new home, but I'm sure you'll take exceptional care of her!" 

"Really?" The brunette girl asks hopefully

"Of course! I think you guys will be perfect buddies, she likes to wear tutus just like you!" The girl runs off excitedly to a boy who looks no older than 16 who was in line at the food drive table.

"Let's go help over there now it looks like the line is going kind of slow" Amelie suggests. 

I grab her hand and we walk over to the crowded tables, leaving the other volunteer with the rest of the stuffed animals. "Geez Ames, your hand is freezing. Where are your mittens?" 

"I gave them to someone, but it's ok! I have your magical self that is somehow always warm! Kind of like a radiator heater, the word radiator always reminds me of the Cars movie. Hey! We should watch that tonight, it's my dad's favorite movie. Just don't tell him I said that."

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." I frown once I realize that her hand isn't warming up in mine, "We'll have to buy you some new mittens after this." I say after grabbing her other hand and feeling them both shake in mine. I cup her hands and bring them up to blow warm air on them.

"That tickles!" She is so pretty when she smiles.

"Come on," I say and pull her toward the lady who looks in charge of the food drive.

"Hi! I'm Amelie and this is Hudson, we were wondering if we could help out anywhere?" Amelie takes the initiative to ask the stern-looking lady holding the clipboard.

"Sure, go over to that table and start handing stuff out." The lady doesn't even glance up. I look over to Amelie and she shrugs while heading over to the nearest table.

I quietly stand next to Amelie while she makes introductions. We're directed to the stack of boxes that are to be handed out in the next hour.

"Hey, I know you from somewhere!" We hear a teenage voice exclaim. Amelie glances up at a girl about 14 years old. "You're that Amelie girl! Hey, I thought you were at a boarding school?"

Amelie blushes, the pink color reaching the tip of her cute nose. "Yeah, I'm just back for winter break. How many boxes would you like hon?"

The shorter red-haired girl suddenly remembers why she's at the food drive. She looks down in embarrassment. "Just one please, it's just me and my dad."

"Of course! Would you prefer green beans or corn? We've got a couple of extra cans if you'd like?" Amelie asks the girl.

"Either one is fine, really." 

"All right, we'll just give you a little bit of both!" Amelie turns to me and bats her lashes in that way which makes me know she's just about to ask me for something. I don't care though, If she asked me to build an aquarium, I'd just ask what type of fish she wants.

"Hudson, would you be a sweetie and go get some extra cans from over there?" She points at a big stack of cans in the corner of the gym and I follow.

oh my god, she's back?? who knows how long this will last though, I'm sorry for this being such a short chapter I'm just trying to get back into the groove of writing!! ummm, I love you so much if you're reading this!!!

ok an actual apology now, I'm sorry for taking so so so long to write this mediocre ass chapter I got so stressed with school due to some issues with friends and teachers and then I got diagnosed with a bunch of stuff and then I had to go to the states for the summer because of my grandma(for those of you that don't know I live in mexico!!) and I just never got around to writing all I did was promise stuff soon but not actually update and for that, I am sorry!! 

Thank you to all the people who have read, commented, and voted I appreciate ya'll so much I think this book is at 7.6k reads rn and that is so so crazy!! Ily all sm! take care and have fun, xoxo

-k