1: Cold & Detached

Apollo Alistair sat in his office looking over the recent attacks. His face was hard and eye's as cold as the winter. He was angry. Three nearby packs had been brutally defeated. Leaving nothing but nearly dead wolfs and the headless bodies of their alphas. It was a statement from the enemy. The enemy was threatening him and his pack family but not just them, him and other packs as well and he was ready to take them down. That was mainly his reason for sitting in his office looking over the reports. He was forming a plan to take down the rouge pack.

A knock came at his door but he didn't speak, he knew who was there. The person on the other side of the door pushed the door open. "Alpha Alistair.." an old sweet voice spoke.

He didn't spare a glance as he answered, "Melinda." His eyes were on his decorated walls.

"The prophecy.." she said making his eyes finally snap to hers. "It has changed."

Apollo perked up at the knowledge, "how so?" He questioned, his piercing misty eyes staring at her expectingly.

"War is coming.. death and destruction is coming." Her voice was calm yet there was a pinch of sadness.

Apollo knew what that meant. The rouge pack was getting stronger and they were coming for his pack. Apollo couldn't let that happen.

'Andre, Seth, and Chris, in my office now!' He mind-linked his Beta, Gamma, and Delta. Seconds later his office door opened once again. His second, third, and fourth command walked inside, one by one stopping in front of his desk.

"War is coming, we need a plan of action to take down the rouge pack before they target anymore packs. Have you found a located?" Apollo asked, his eyes on his second in command.

"Yeah, I found a possible location.. I'm not sure if they are here in this area exactly—" before he could finish his sentence, Melinda had walked over to the little map, he had sat on Apollo's desk as he explained where the enemy was.

"They are." She interrupted, staring down at the location that was circled. She placed the tip of her fingers above the map. Apollo watched as her finger tips sparked over the map in the same area they had circled. "She is there.." Melinda all but whispered but Apollo heard her.

"Who?" He furrowed his brow in confusion. "Who is there?" He repeated now staring back at Melinda with curious eyes.

"The one who is destined to save us all.." Melinda spoke in riddle confusing Apollo even more.

"Who is she?" Beta Andre couldn't help but ask, growing impatient with her beating around the bush. "And how can she save us?"

"Right, what makes you think one girl can save us? Who is she?" Chris ask rolling his eyes with a scoff, he was never one to trust a witch.

"She has the gifts of elements." Melinda replied calmly, not letting her irritated show through her tone as she eyed Chris with distaste.

"How is that special?!" Chris fussed as he tossed his hands in the air as if Melinda had wasted his time. "There are four whole packs of elemental wolves, you got fire, air, earth, water—"

"Have you forgotten about the destruction the fire pack has cause all the elemental wolves? They nearly made their kind extinct." Melinda cut him off to remind him. Her lip was pressed in a thin line as she glared at Chris. "This girl will save us! We need to get to her before anyone finds out about her!" Melinda demanded.

"What can she do that's so special?" Chris asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm not sure, but my prophecies are never wrong—" Melinda spoke but was soon cut off by Chris.