2: Time For War

Their destination wasn't far, only two hours away from the pack house. So, they ate breakfast with some of the pack members before leaving. Apollo had thirty wolves with him. He led his warriors, walking ahead of them. His second, third, and fourth command on either side of him. Apollo warriors were uncommon. His warriors were a mix of wolf warriors and human warriors who had been born without a wolf. Most alphas didn't approve of his choice of warriors but he could careless about how they felt.

Ten wolf warriors walked behind Apollo and his commands in a horizontal line of five. Ten human warriors were in the middle walking in the same position. The remaining ten wolf warriors walked behind the middle warriors. Same position. This was for their safety. Although the human warriors were strong they could be at a disadvantage if caught off guard. Apollo made sure they had the wolf warriors to shield them so they could have time to defend themselves before an attack occurred.

Apollo walked with confidence, power possessed his aura like a leech. His strides were long and strong. Shoulders squared. Face emotionless as they reached their destination. They stopped just behind thick tall trees so they wouldn't be seen. "Go over the plan to make sure everyone knows what's expected of them." Apollo said with his back still facing his warriors as he move around a tree to see what they were up against.

As Andre stated, the guards were standing in the same exact positions. He looked towards the building to see no guards standing by a big brown door. He assumed it was the door to get in. "Make sure to mix the guards. No human warrior by themselves." Apollo spoke, still watching the enemies. He noticed that none of them were paying attention to what was in front of them. Most of the guards were talking to each other, some weren't even facing the gate to keep watch of enemies. They were oblivious to their slaughter.

The best part.. they were outside the gate. Easy prey, Apollo thought. Turning to his warriors, he noticed a group had already left. Most likely the group who would be taking out the guards in the back. "The time to take them out is now, they are oblivious of our arrive." His warriors nodded.

Apollo watch silently as his warriors shifted. The crackling sound of bones shifting met Apollo's ears. Feet were replaced with paws. Legs were now covered in fur. Arms had extended and hands were replaced with big paws that had sharp claws extending from the finger tips. Their heads were replaced with one of wolf. They now had snouts, large sharp canines and eyes of an animal.

Apollo made a sharp nod of his head and the second group took off to take down the enemies. Apollo, Andre and his group of warriors stayed behind to watch the scene unfold. They watched their warriors easily take the guards down. Them not paying attention to their surrounds paid off. Once Apollo saw them take down the last few guards he took off running toward the now open gate. "I'll get the girl, you guys take down any guards that stand in my way." Apollo said to his guards who were close on his tail. Him being the alpha king made him a very strong being.

He didn't need to shift to take down other wolves; he could simple break their necks with his bare arms. Take their heart from their chest with his bare hands. No one knew of his descendants and the rumor was he killed the last alpha king to gain the title of alpha king. Of course that was false. It was much more to the story, Apollo just wasn't one to boast or tell his business. Only one person knew the real him and that was Melinda.

Once they reached the door, Apollo kicked it down and entered the building with his warriors behind him. As soon as his shoes touched the floor of the building his senses perked up.

Instead of wondering which way to go, his body moved on it's own accord. He made a left, walking down the corridor. What is that? He thought to himself titling his head slightly in a thoughtful manner. His steps faltered then he stopped abruptly. He closed his eyes and took a long inhale, then slowly exhaled. The smell was.. lush, tropical like..