3: Lost & Scared

A few days went by, the girl had woken but she hadn't spoken to anyone. She stayed in the hospital bed with her legs pushed up against her chest in a fetal position. She stared at the blank walls not caring about the people standing in the room.

Apollo was speaking to Dr. Johnson. The information he found out about the woman made him so angry he put a whole through the wall of the hospital. Dr. Johnson had helped the woman as much as he could, he disinfected her wounds and prescribing her with medication to help heal her wounds faster. She was healing slow from low blood cells and not getting enough nutrients in her body. Dr. Johnson hooked a feeding tube up to her, requested by Apollo. She was so skinny you could see her bones protruding. Apollo didn't like that.

"She's getting better, her wounds seem to have healed a little. I say we leave the feeding tube in until tomorrow and then try feeding her on your own." Dr. Johnson suggested.

Apollo nodded his head as he looked toward the hospital bed. The woman had her back facing them. "When will she be able to leave?" Apollo asked.

"Well, I've already did what I can do and I've prescribed her with the medication needed, she can leave whenever." The doctor responded a slight shrug of his shoulders. "Problem is.. will she let you.." he says looking over at the woman as well.

Apollo signed, that was a good question and he had no answer for it. "I'll just have to try." He turned away from the doctor he made his way to the side of the hospital bed. "Hey beautiful," Apollo didn't know her name so he instead called her beautiful because that's what she was to him.

She never answered him though, nor did she acknowledge him. He basically talked to himself. She heard him, she listened to him but never answered him. She was afraid. She didn't know who he was. She felt a strange feeling whenever he was near her and she didn't like it. Apollo didn't give up tho. "The doctor said you're doing fine and you'll be able to leave tomorrow."

She said nothing, only continued looking at the white walls. She didn't understand why he wouldn't leave her alone. Why he wouldn't stop speaking to her even when she ignored him.

When the next day arrived, she sat up in her bed looking around the room with empty eyes. The door to the room opened, she looked to see who it was. Her eyes met misty grey eyes and she quickly looked away. She hated how looking at him made her feel. Sometimes she found it hard to look away from his intense eyes. He was oblivious to what he did to her. Mostly because she kept her face emotionless. Showing emotions were a weakness. When she was captured, she would beg and cry for them to leave her be. To stop hurting her but they only laughed at her pleas.

She had mastered blocking out the pain by remaining emotionless. Emotions made her feel and she didn't want to feel. Feeling brought unwanted memories and pain. She no longer wanted to feel pain. She wanted to feel nothing. "Good morning beautiful," Apollo spoke as he walked up to the side of her bed. She didn't like that he called her beautiful but she figured it was because he didn't know her name. "I got a room set up for you, I'll get you situated in your room and then bring you breakfast, sounds good?" He asked.

He knew she wouldn't reply but he continued speaking to her. He also knew she heard him but chose not to show it. That was all the confirmation he needed to keep talking to her. "Will you let me.. help you out of the bed?" He asked hesitantly. The question caught her off guard as she looked up at him, confusion in her eyes. Apollo held a look of astonishment. Was that emotion? He thought to himself as he looked down at the woman. That was his first time seeing emotion in her eyes but it was gone as quick as he noticed it.

She wasn't use to being asked what she wanted or if she was okay with something.. it was foreign to her. No one ever gave her a choice or options for that matter. She watched as he grabbed a wheelchair that was pushed up against the wall of the room. He rolled it to the side of the bed and looked at her expectantly. She stared at the wheelchair for a moment before looking back at Apollo who held his hands out to her.