On the Steps

~🍓🍓🍓~

The two sat, in the strawberry field...
The female still eating the large strawberry in her hands... keeping her distance from the boy Infront of her.

Steven, sat cross crossed, on the ground. He was waiting until she spoke the first words, but he thought a bit more that, it wasn't going to happen.

"... The strawberries are good out here... But... I think what's better Is a conversation..."

Steven looked at her different colored eyes, which he just now noticed, and now being further in the moment, tons of scars littered on her body, despite most being small, its noticeable once seated and calm... That's when he spotted a piece of her gem... It wasn't whole like how she formed earlier more like scattered around her body, just as his mother said.

"... I'm.. we... Human..."

She said quietly... Dropping her strawberry, and looking at her own hands... Fingertips gently caressing her own skin, slightly flinching at her own touch, but once she felt up her arms... She gave herself a hug. Slightly leaning into it.

"...me..... Me..... I'm human... I'm a human"

She spoke a clear small sentence, as Steven was Almost amazed... And happy she was able to speak on her own, the boy got just a tiny bit closer.. as he raised his hand very slowly.

"Yes! You are human... Like me... But we are also Gems. We are both."

"Why?"

Steven looked, a bit confused at the question.
".. why are we both?"

He tried to clear up, what she was trying to say, but when she looked at Steven... Now with less fearful eyes. His hand still slightly outstretched to show he was no threat.

She came a bit closer and put her hand, against his.. the soft touch of his palm..
Her eyes locked in with his, whichade Steven sweat.

"Why.. made.. why... Exist?"

She questions him.
Her eyes were begging for an answer..

A soft breeze past by, cooling both of them off, as the sun was now completely going down. The sun kissing the earth with his orange hue, as the large cloud that's been shading the area left... the sky above was Dark with stars shinning at the same time.

her eyes shine.

"Why... Was I made?"

The question, Steven has heard so many times..while helping gems across the galaxy.. find out who they are, instead of just having one purpose....

He then felt a rush, through his body. His heart quickening, as it wasn't a response to a life or death situation, nor a stressed out one that he'll get mad.

But of pure compassion.

"You were made to be free"

~🍓🍓🍓~

Steven had lead the female to the warp pad, her feet touching the soil and now... The warp... She slightly squeezed Steven hand at the feeling.