Kathrine

Art by the amazing _sleepy.moth_ on Instagram!

Doctor Pitch knew it would be a hard sell. Getting Director Wilson to let him perform more surgeries while the whole operation was basically frozen alone would be a challenge. The next part of his plan would be even more difficult to approach.

However, even though Director Wilson was currently questioning Pitches' competency, she still seemed to have complete faith in Kathrine, as always. The two always seemed to get along. As long as he could keep Kathrine on board with him, getting Director Wilson to follow suit should be possible enough.

He was currently in Kathrine's office so they could figure out how to best catch the group while making Pitches' involvement look minimal.

Kathrine tapped her pen on the desk as she thought "You gave them some documents, right?"

"Yes, I did. Documents on Daniel himself and the blueprints."

"And we know Illinois had access to all of our documents. But there's no digital trail to track there since you gave them physical copies..." Kathrine said with a sigh, realizing that there were no ideas to be had with that information.

"Well, I got a burner phone just for contacting them. We could plant that in Illinois house since they're still deep-searching the place. You go in and check on the searches, right?" Pitch asked.

"Yeah. Since it's so close they have some of the security I'm in charge of over there, so I have to oversee some of the search and investigations."

"So say you were to just... stumble across a burner phone assumed to be Illinois that lead directly to the group?"

"Isn't there evidence against you on it?"

Pitch got it out of his bag and passed it over "I've only called them, so there's no texts to look back on. The most incriminating thing is one call I made after Illinois and Daniel had already run off. You can wipe that call off the phone though, right?"

Kathrine took the phone and looked over it "I think so. It looks pretty old, so I doubt it has a solid way to re-listen to the calls. So as long as I can delete the most recent call so there's no questions about the date and time..." Kathrine said.

"Do you think you could track their phone using this one?"

"It's possible... or I could at least find wherever they were during the calls... Doc, this whole thing is such a mess. If anyone but me closely looks at this phone they could probably find out some of the calls were made from here in the facility. Or even if we clean it of fingerprints, someone could see Illinois' prints are nowhere to be seen. I wish you would have just listened to me in the first place" She said, sounding exhausted.

That frustrated Doctor Pitch. He had already 'admitted' he was wrong (even though he wasn't) and yet here she was, complaining about this again instead of helping him search for a solution.

"I'd like to remind you we would have never found the MIC chip without them, and Illinois would still be leaching information off of our systems and plotting whatever the hell he's been planning right under our noses. Maybe it's a mess now, but we're still further ahead than we were before. Are you capable of helping me apprehend a group of four low level criminals or not?" Pitch said, irritated.

"I'm capable of catching them, Xander. I'm just not sure if it's going to be all that easy to wipe your involvement from the situation. You leaked serious government information to a group of criminals with absolutely no clearance. If your involvement is noticed, no ones going to care that it resulted in the MIC chip being found. You'd be lucky if they stopped at a life sentence. So I'm sorry for trying to be thorough and being a little frustrated that I once again have to work overtime to help out with oversights on your part."