Chapter 2

You walked downstairs that morning to see Springtrap cooking pancakes in the kitchen. You had been up almost the whole night due to your insomnia.

"Y/n, my dear. I made these for you." He set a fresh stack of pancakes on the table. "Oh. Well thanks, springy." You smiled softly and he blushed.

"Of course! Anything for you." He smiled.

Your dad walked in shortly after.

"Morning, dad." You said.

"I have many questions. First, how do you even know how to cook?" He asked suspiciously. "I just do, okay?" Springtrap glared.

"Really? How do we know their isn't a human under that suit?" Your dad asked.

"What a stupid question. But if you insist, I can prove it to you." He lifted his head away from his jaw, revealing an empty suit. "See? Now is there a human in there, nick?" He asked.

"No..."

"Cool. There's a smart fella. Anyway, Delia, your pancakes are almost ready. Why don't you go and take a seat with your sister?" He smiled. "Um, alright..." She responded hesitantly.

After a few minutes, he set the plate down for her.

"How are the pancakes, girls?" He asked. "They're good." You said and Delia nodded in agreement, but she looked spaced out.

"I'm going to work now, girls. There's food in the fridge, uh, remember to go outside and enjoy your summer break while you have it, and if springtrap is bothering you, remember you can always just call me-"

"I get it, dad." Delia said. "Yeah, you should get going." You sighed.

"Don't worry, nick. Well be just fine. There's no need to worry about us-"

Suddenly the phone started ringing.

"Hold on. I better go answer that." Your dad said as he picked up the phone.

"Hello, hello? Oh- hi, Harry. Yes, that would be great! Yeah, she's here, hold on. It's for you." He handed the phone to your little sister, who grinned widely.

Springtrap was very suspicious and started to try and listen in on the phone call. Delia invited this Harry kid over and springtrap was, uh, not happy.

Who were you talking to, Delia?" He asked. "Relax, dude! He's just a cute kid from next door." Delia said. "What?! That's terrible!" He argued.

After their little argument, Delia went upstairs to get ready.

"She's fourteen. She's gonna want to hang out with boys, spring." You said and he sighed. "I don't suppose you have some boys to hang out with?" He said and you chuckled.

"Nope! I'm going back to sleep, because sleep is much better than boys." You smirked and walked back to your room.

After a long sleep, you woke up to what sounded like Springtrap yelling. And he sounded pretty mad.

"... I'm not ever gonna let this happen ever again. Y-You have a lesson you need to learn!" He yelled as you peered through the doorway.

"Please don't!" Delia put her hands up, as if he was going to hit her.

"Springtrap, no!" You grabbed his shoulder, trying to pull him away.

"Get off of me!" He shoved you to the ground. You stared up at him with this hurt look on your face.

"Don't... look at me like that!" He began feeling guilty. "Y/n!" Delia bent next to you to see if you were okay.

"Why are you both looking at me like that?! I hate it when you look at me like that... stop... I- I hate it! Why do you both have to look like that?!" He began mumbling nonsense.

"Springtrap? Springtrap, maybe you should sit down for a bit... I think you're having another... breakdown. Remember last time you were like this?" Your sister said nervously.

He suddenly grabbed your sister's face.

"How could I even think of hurting something like you?! Just look at you! You're so cute, and so nice to me!" He looked over at you.

"A-and you! Oh, y/n. I couldn't dream of hurting a beautiful, delicate flower such as yourself." You blushed by his words.

He pulled you both into an embrace.

"Come here! I'm so sorry! You just made a mistake, that's all- I make stupid mistakes all the time. Punishing you for that- how could I? Tell you what? I'll make popcorn, and then we can watch a movie or something. That's a much better idea, don't you think?" He asked.

"Um, ok..." You trailed off.

You laid your head on springtraps shoulder as you watched the movie.

"Springtrap? Are you alright?" Delia asked.

"I'm... I'm crazy." He said. "You're not crazy, springtrap." You yawned, not fully awake.

"Yeah, you just get... stressed sometimes." Delia agreed.

"B-but I am crazy! I- I see and hear things that aren't there, a- and I even almost hurt you both. And I got so scared when you left. I thought you were hurt, or hated me... a- and maybe you should hate me. Maybe you should be afraid of me. Maybe I'll only end up hurting you. B-be honest with me... Do you want me to just leave?" He asked.

"Springy, listen to me. I don't care if you're satan himself or something, you're probably the first and only person who's ever cared about me. Yeah, our friendship is like, really weird, and abnormal and strange, but Yknow what? You're the best friend I've ever had! So no, I don't want you to leave! And Yknow what? I was gone for nine hours when I promised I'd be back as soon as possible. And you think you're crazy for stressing about it?! If you really are as crazy and evil as you think, then you just spent nine hours hallucinating in a panic all by yourself and all you did when I got back was get a little angry. I'd say that's a freaking achievement. You know what my dad would've done in your place? You know what my mom would've done?"

"What would your mom do?" He asked curiously. "Um, let's not talk about her right now. But yeah, Delia's right. We love you, we want you to stay." You kissed his cheek and he froze, his whole body going warm.

Springtrap, nothing could make me hate you. You're the best thing that ever happened to me." Delia said.

"Nothing...?"

"Well, unless you were like, a dead serial killer or something, I guess. Haha! I think I'd be really freaked out if you were. But obviously you're not. So we're the best of friends, and as long as you don't stress out like that again, we'll be fine."

At this point, you started to tune them out and fall asleep.

You heard someone call your name and you opened your eyes. You hummed in response, too lazy to actually say anything.

"Y/n, I'm going to tuck Delia in bed. Well you be alright by yourself for a few minutes?" He asked and you nodded.

Springtraps pov

I gazed down at y/n, sleeping peacefully on the couch. God she was so beautiful.

I smiled, tucking a strand of her beautiful hair behind her ear. I picked her up bridal style. I took this moment to examine her face closely, taking in every little detail.

"Don't you worry, my sweet y/n... I won't let anyone hurt you. Even if I have to kill that brat Matt for it."

~flashback~

After I convinced Delia to introduce me to this harry kid, there was another boy there, who looked sixteen.

After the whole introduction, he asked something that pissed me off.

"So, is your sister here?" He asked with this smug look on his face. I knew that look. He liked her.

"Oh, I won't let him steal you away from me, my dear. I'll kill him, just for you. Heck, I'd kill anyone just for you. Even if the worst comes, I don't care. Nothing can take you away from me. You're mine. Forever."

I waited until her dad left the room and I walked in.

I carefully placed her on the bed, and pulled the covers up on her.

"Sweet dreams, my love." I kissed her cheek and walked out