Chapter 6

"Y/n? Delia?"

You groggily opened your eyes to see your dad standing by your beds.

"Hm? Dad? What is it?" You yawned, seeing your sister already awake.

"I wanted to see you both. Did you, uh, did you hear anything?" He asked concernedly. "Hear anything about what?" You asked.

"I heard a bunch of yelling and thumping but... I think it was just my dreams." Your sister said.

"Girls? I love you."

"We... love you too."

"...I know it's a little late, but I just remembered, we haven't had an ice cream party in a while, have we? Yknow... when we'd use to go out, buy tubs of ice cream and then marathon your favorite movies?" He said.

"Oh, yeah. I miss that." You chuckled.

"I think we should do that again tonight. What do you say?" He smiled. You looked over at your sister.

"Well... I do like ice cream." She smiled. "That's the spirit."

~time skip~

"Well, my favorite ice cream used to be vanilla, but I don't know, I'm feeling very chocolate now-"

"Where are you three going?" Springtrap suddenly said.

"To go get ice cream. Why?" Your dad glared. "I- I'm coming with!" He announced.

"Uh, no, you're not." Your dad growled.

"Oh, please, dad? He'll be good! Right, springtrap?" Delia grinned.

"Yes, nick! I'll be good!" Springtrap grinned.

"Y- you can't come with! I don't even think you'll fit-"

Springtrap suddenly harshly grabbed his wrist. He had this pissed off smile on his face.

"F- fine." Your dad gave in. "Yay!" Delia cheered. "That's the spirit." Springtrap says.

You had to smush in next to springtrap, despite your father's various protests.

Delia ordered vanilla while you ordered F/I/C.

~time skip~

"Hey girls, are you ready for bed?" He asked.

"Sure."

"Yeah, I think so."

"Alright, remember to brush your teeth and-"

"Dad, I'm seventeen. I know how to take care of myself." You chuckled. "Yeah, come on, spring, let's go." Delia said.

"Eh, just one minute, Delia, I wanna talk to your dad." He said.

You nodded and took your sister to bed.

That morning, you walked into the kitchen to see Delia already there, and Springtrap making pancakes like always.

"Y/n! Good morning! You are a sight for sore eyes, just as beautiful as always!" He cupped your cheek.

"Go on and have a seat! I'm making you and your sister breakfast." He smiled, pulling the chair away for you.

"There you go!" He set a plate of pancakes by you and your sister. He then proceeded to stare at you intently as you ate.

"Girls, time to go." Your dad groggily walked into the kitchen.

"Okay, dad. Let me finish my breakfast." Delia said and you groaned. "Seriously, dad? Yknow, I prefer to not spend the remainder of my summer at your job." You glared.

"I know, honey, but..."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just let me finish eating." You muttered and he sighed.

~time skip~

"Hey, girls. I got you some gummy bears-"

"Dad, if you're going to ask us more questions about springtrap, then I-"

"No, honey! I- I just wanted to give you gummy bears." He said, still holding the bags.

You decided to just take them, not wanting to start an argument.

"... I know you guys don't want to talk about springtrap, but I just wanted to ask one question, okay kids?"

You grumbled in reply.

"Has he ever hurt you?"

"No!" You both said in sync.

"That's your lie face. Don't lie to me." He said sternly.

"Dad, he won't hurt us." You stated. "He loves us." Delia added.

"And I love you without being what he is." He growled. "What's that supposed to mean?" You glared.

"I, uh..." he suddenly dropped his face in his hands. "Dad...?"

"I'm so sorry, kids. If I had been there for you, none of this would have ever happened. Just, please. I'm begging you. Be careful around him. I love you kids." He embraced you.

"We love you too, dad."

You flashed back to that night when you walked into the kitchen and saw him holding a knife, just staring at it, smiling.

"Y/n!" He walked over to you, still holding the knife.

You backed up, not completely sure of yourself.

"W- why do you have that?" You asked nervously.

"Um, it just, uh, fell out! Yeah. And I was just putting it back. See? Nothing to worry about." He placed the knife back in the wooden block.

"Why don't you go back to bed?" He towered over you, his presence threatening.

"I- um,-"

"Go back to bed. Now."

Later this night at dinner, Springtrap was acting really weird. He was just staring at you and Delia.

"Um, springtrap? Are you good? You're kinda staring." You said, slightly uncomfortable.

"Sorry! You're just so pretty." He smiled. "Right, um, thanks..."