5

instagram
chapter five • phone calls

________________________________

I was so nervous. I dialled her number and waited until the second ring to hear her voice. She was really soft spoken and she had such a cute accent.

"Hello?" She said, chuckling a bit on the end.

"Hi," I said awkwardly, "It's Luke."

"It's Audrey!" She laughed. It was really quiet on her end it must've sounded like a gong show over here.

"Your voice is adorable," I blurted out. She genuinely sounded so cute.

She laughed, "I'm in love with your accent."

"So, um what are you doing?" I asked awkwardly, I had no idea what to talk about.

"I'm with Kennedy," she said, "We were watching happy feet. Don't judge us."

Kennedy? I assume she was a girl. I hope.

"I love happy feet! Penguins are my favorite. I have like a million stuffies back in Australia," I mumbled, scratching the back of my neck.

She probably thought I was a weirdo. Oh well too far gone.

"If it helps I have like a dozen stuffies of Nyla from the Lion King. Mild obsession I guess," she laughed.

Her laugh was already my favorite sound.
It was soft but then it got really high pitched when it was slowly ending.

"That's cute," I smiled, "So um who's Kennedy?"

"Oh," she mumbled, "My best friend."

I was relieved.

A smile crept on my face, "Oh. Sorry if it's loud Calum is so fücking annoying."

Behind me Calum was making animal noises like the animal he was. I turned to face him and I couldn't help but to laugh at him. He was only in his boxers and he had one of Mikey's hats on.

"Sorry if this is weird but you sound really hot when you swear," she gushed which caused my cheeks to turn red.

Girls gave me the weirdest compliments.

"Thanks," I laughed, "I've got to go down to rehearse, but I'll text you okay?"

"Yeah okay!" She giggled, "Bye Luke."

"Bye love," I said before hanging up. Calum was still behind me.

He wasn't making noises anymore. He just stood there.

"You like her?" He asked, "Or what I should ask is, she likes you?"

I shrugged, "Yeah."

"Look at you! Luke has a girlfriend!" He shouted in the hotel room.

We were currently in Vegas. We had two shows here and then we were leaving in two days to Los Angeles.

"She's not my girlfriend," I laughed, "I wish. Hopefully soon."

Calum didn't respond he just rolled his eyes. I looked down at my phone and I got the notification that Audrey posted. Yes, I turned on her post notifications. I didn't want to miss seeing her face.

@audreymiller: @kennedywalsh & I wanna know what a good frozen yogurt place is in NY?

@lukehemmings: Luke's Frozen Yogurt Diner

@lukehemmings: I'm lame :-(

@lukehemmings: You're cute

@calumhood: Your friend is hot tell her hit me with a follow back

@audreymiller: HAHAHA CALUM @calumhood

@audreymiller: @lukehemmings tru you are lame but you're hot and funny so it's even

@lukehemmings: Wow thanks <3

@5sos.love: I LOVE U GUYS TOGETHER PLS ANNOUNCE UR DATING

@michaelclifford: ^^^

@mikeycliffy: EVEN MICHAEL SHIPS

@calumhoodlum: this is pure gold

@lukehemmings: @michaelclifford stfu
___________________________