╰•★★ chapter 4 ★★•╯

Prohibere

A few days had past since the alliance. Aonung has began to visit me for a few hours every day, he keeps asking all these questions about how my clan works, how we eat, etc. Every time I try and change the conversation, he changes it back.

It's rather annoying.

"Can you breathe underwater?" He asks, leaning in slightly. I nod my head. "How?"

I tilt my head to the side to reveal the small jagged gills on my pale blue neck.

"I've heard stories about your kind walking among us. Is that true?" I narrow my eyes suspiciously at all his questions, but yet again, I  nod my head.

His eyes widen. "That can't be possible, right?" He slumps back onto a rock and lifts a leg up to his chest. His thigh muscles fence and move around beneath his teal skin.

I hate to say it but he's one of the prettiest Metkayina I've ever seen.

"Eye c-an orm eggs." I try to tell him I am form legs, to be able to walk. This gag is really pissing me off.

It seems to be annoying him too. I can tell he wants to remove it but definitely does not trust me enough yet.

"Can you show me?" He asks and my head snaps up, confused. "Can I see your legs?"

I gasp loudly, blushing furiously.

'He can't be serious?!' I think to myself. 'Does he not know that only mates get the first look of their partners legs?' I avoid his gaze and look to the sea shells around me. 'Who am I kidding? Of course he doesn't know. He's not from my clan.'

I just shake my head no. Again, I can tell he was disappointed. "Does it hurt?"

"N-o." I lie. It hurts a lot. But he doesn't need to know that.

He hums as he places his hands behind his back. I slap my silvery tail against the hard rock to get his attention.

He pops an eye open to see what I want, not moving an inch. "Ood." I say simply. "Ungry."

"You angry?" He teases. "I'm not sure I understand." He holds in a laugh.

'Does me being tied up amuse him?'

"Fph-oo-d. I am h-ungry." I try again. I haven't eaten since being here. I can last a while without food but it drastically puts me at a disadvantage.

Even if I didn't have this sea weed shoved into my mouth, I wouldn't be able to use my ability's. I'm absolutely milked of energy.

"Okay, okay, I'll be back." With that he walks back to his village.

"Hey! Fish girl! I got you food." He sits across from me with his legs dangling in the small rock pool he put me in. Next to him was a small platter of fish, fruit and an assortment of other plant foods.

"There's no way I'm sacrificing a Metkayina to feed you, so, you're gonna have to deal with what I have here." He points to the platter.

My mouth waters around the gag at the sight of edible food. He puts the plate behind him to get all my focus.

"Now, I'm going to take the sea weed off you." I nod my head eagerly in understanding. "Before I take it off, I have some rules. One, do not speak other than one word sentences. Two, don't even try to manipulate me. Three, if you try anything the gag goes back on. There are guards everywhere you won't be able to escape."

His hands cautiously raise up to my face, finders dancing lightly against the thick plant. Aonung delicately unties the bind behind my head. Letting it fall into his hands.

I open my mouth to thank him but his hand flies to his spear and points it at my heart. The pupils in his eyes turn to slits as he expects an attack. "Rule number one!" He hisses.

I close my mouth instantly, swirling my tongue against my teeth and over my lips to get some moisture back.

He hesitantly lowers his spear and settles back down, not once taking his eyes off my mouth.

"Sorry." I apologise. My lips finally able to get out every syllable. I watch his ears flick at heart my un-muffled voice for the first time.

He dips his head once at my apology before reaching back for the platter.

I tug on my hands. 'How will I eat with my hands bound?' (AN: Lol.)

"No, I'm not just going to completely untie you. That would be idiotic of me. I'm going to have to feed you. Like a baby." He laughs. My eyes narrow. He stops laughing.

"Okay."

"What do you want first—" He looks down at the food.

"—Fish...please." I reply, probably a little too quickly. He raises and eyebrow and hovers his hand over the fish.

Before moving directly to the plant food. A smirk painting his face.

Are you kidding me? The exact opposite of what I wanted.

"Really, Aonung?" I sigh, shaking my head.

His chest pauses as he hears his name leave my lips. Pupils dilating. Eyes glazing over. The purple plant falls to the ground, out of his grasp. He locks eyes with me and slowly crawls closer to my body, edging to get closer. His head tilts to the side and his eyes flicker to my lips.

Shit. No, no. I didn't mean it! How is he so easy to control?! All I did was say his name! I shouldn't even be able to manipulate him, I'm too weak! "Prohibere!" I shout at him.

The command causes him to break from the manipulation. He shakes his head and looks around, eyes widening. His hands immediately fly down to grab the sea weed and I let him wrap it around my mouth.

"What did you just do!?" He shouts, pushing himself away from me. My ears lie flat against my head. I probably just ruined whatever 'progress' we had made.

"Ac-ciendt." I mumble. "I'm orry." The reflection of my shameful face stares back at me from the stagnant water.

Without another word Aonung grabs his belongings and leaves me there, sitting in the clear water.

A few minutes ago he was laughing, now, he's probably going to tell his father to kill me.

Prohibere! - Stop!