╰•★★ chapter 6 ★★•╯

Set free...kinda.

Aonung's trust with Vida has been building over the past few weeks. Every day he would visit her and bring her food, he even started to feel regretful about scamming information out of her.

But most importantly, Aonung feels bad about continuing to inform his father every little detail that she tells him, even while they grow closer.

Aonung's footsteps crunch over dried leaves as he strolls closer to Vida.

Her head lolls to the side once she heads him approaching. A small smile appearing on her face as she sees the one persons to actually visit her.

She's not surprised about the lack of visitors though, who would want to see a 'viscous' and 'vile' creature such as herself?

"Hey Vida, how has your day been?" He asks, stupidly.

She raises an eyebrow as if to say 'really?'

He cringes. "Right..." he looks at her scaled tail, seeing the lack of muscle that once used to be there. His head tilts to the side. If he untied her, she wouldn't be able to attack him because she barely has any muscle to propel herself forward.

He thought his plan was foolproof.

Aonung perches himself down on a rock beside her, he pulls out the Akula tooth knife from its seethe and Vida flinches.

"Relax, I'm not gonna hurt you." He promises.

Deciding to trust the boy, (as if she had another choice) Vida nods and let's her arms hand limp. She hears a small tink and her arms fall free.

She hears another snap and this time her body falls forward off the wooden post. Aonung rushes to grab her before she falls too far.

Her slippery skin makes it hard for him to get a good grip on her.

He is not going to tell his father about this little detail. The chief would skin him alive if he found out that he touched her, let alone set her free... practically.

Her eyes grow wide as she looks at him, why did he do that? His thick arms untangle themselves from around her waist. He sets her up against the wall of the pool and lets her head rest up against the edge. The water just sits below her chin.

"Why id oo do that?" She mumbles out, utterly confused.

"We'll, to be honest, you weren't looking so good and I couldn't let you die on me, my father would be mad." He lies.

His father wouldn't be mad. He had given him plenty of information about her. They could end the water woman entirely any time they want with a single order. It didn't matter if she died now.

So why did it matter to him? Why did he care?

Aonung thought for a moment. She's the one being that he can truely talk to, that won't judge, that will listen.

Shes the only person that actually knows him.

It's a bit ironic, since this whole time he was faking being her friend, yet, he feels like they actually are now.

He thought he was playing Vida just to get information, but in reality, she made him a better Na'vi. He could actually be himself around her, he didn't have to hide under a mask when around her.

He didn't even realise.

Aonung feels embarrassed to only just see this now, he has so many 'friends' that he can't stand being around.

He hates them. Their fake, cruel, disobedient, disrespectful -apart from Rotxo-, he's kind of thankful for them now, they brought him closer to Vida.

Although he would never admit it to anyone.

Being buddies with a water woman wasn't something to brag about.

But Aonung is conflicted. He likes hanging out with Vida, even though she doesn't get a choice. He likes talking to Vida, even though she can barely talk back.

He likes Vida.

But, he doesn't believe she likes him back. Well, why would she? Why would she enjoy being held captive. Does she really believe they made an 'Alliance'?

As Aonung stares at the girl, he sees her look back. Her dark eyes study him as if something was wrong. A blush paints his face as he comes to a conclusion.

He likes Vida.