╰•★★ chapter 12 ★★•╯

*smut*

Older

Two years later

Vida's mother was wrong. She always taught her to never fall in love with something she cant have because it would only end in heartbreak. But she lied.

Well... Partially. She was correct about the heartbreak.

The truth is, the time Vida spent with Aonung, even if it was in captivity, was the best time of her life. He made Vida feel alive. He made her feel like she actually had some meaning in this world. He made her feel good. Happy.

Why must Eywa hate her so? She is still in love with her liar. Her trator. Her Aonung. The stupid idiot who was too afraid to tell the truth abot his feelings towards the water woman to his father, to the clan.

Her Aonung that had his Clan leader ceremony pushed back seven months because he 'lost' the prisoner. Her Aonung that had been Clan leader for over a year now.

So here he was, free diving in the coral reef, looking for an Akula to kill, to feed the village, other hunters are looking in other areas as Aonung enjoys hunting alone.

Aonung didnt even want to be Clan leader at this point, he just wanted to find Vida and explain his situatin. He wanted to apologise and actually take her to meet the clan, he wanted her to be his, and since he was finally Clan leader, no one could do anything about it. Not that the would be opposed to it now since he had practically told everyone about his love for her. The clan still trusted him regardless.

A flash of light catches his eye for a brief moment. Thinking it was an Akula, Aonung fearlessly swims towards it, spear in hand.

Only for the flashy skales to be gome completely before he got there.

He hits his fist against his thigh in frustration as he swims back up to the surface to get a fresh gulp of air.

As he dives back down, Aonung spots another flash of bright skales. This time he swims straight for it, eager to not loose his chance. The light just takes him to the sea floor, where the pretty shells and stones are. A small cloud of freshly desturbed sand sits floating a few meters in front of him.

Aonung shakes his head and turns around to leave, since it obviously wasnt an Akula. But instead, he comes face to face with the one person he misses most, the one person that has been on his mind everyday since she left.

Vida.

In the past two years, her hair had grown longer, her tail had produced more fins and her face had aged more. Into an adult, no more teenage baby face. Just like Aonung did.

Yet, the two still recognised eachother. Of course they would. Vida gasped and dropped her bag of shells,ready to flee. Aonung sees this and quickly drops his spear, latching onto her arm. His chest piece floats around in the current, the strands wrapping around eachother.

"Dont go! Please." Aonung signs. "Let me just talk to you." Aonung resists the urge to suck in a breath.

"Why should I? You lied to me, you tricked me, Aonung. How could I ever trust you again." Vidas voice cuts through the water as clear as day, Aonung hadn't realised how much he had missed her soft tone.

He cant believe how much she had changed.

"Let me just talk to you above water, I'm begging you Vida." He releases his grip on her arm to hold her waist softly, slightly slipping as her skales move benieth his fingers.