004

                            [ Four Years Later ]

Early in the eleventh century, the invasion of the Vikings and the Danish army continued, becoming more violent every day. That October, after several years of seemingly endless attacks, there came a turning point. King Sweyn, the King of the Danes, proposed a plan to show the English the full might of his forces, in the summer. It also around the time where Askeladd and his army traveled to the Frankish Kingdom and stationed themselves a few miles away from the battle at its Loire River.

"Looks like the Franks are fighting each other" Bjorn said, as he walked next to Askeladd.

"Not many men in the Fortress, about 800 attacking the place though. But why would they wanna go in headfirst like that?"

"*smirk* Looks like the Headquarters of a powerful clan. Practically reeks of the smell of treasure, doesn't it?" Askeladd replied.

"*smirk* Ah, so that's your target, huh. Alright, let's do it" Bjorn said.

"...We'll join the attackers, then open that treasury, and everything will belong to us"

The rest of the soldiers became ecstatic over their leader's plan.

"So, (Y/n), Thorfinn, you two better get ready" Askeladd said, as he glanced back at the two teens, who his soldiers paved way for them to get to him.

"I want you both to make contact with the leader of the attackers. Then give them this message "Your tactics in battle are pathetic. We can't bear to watch. So our troops will lend a hand to help ya. It's a once in a lifetime offer, because we absolutely guarantee we'll lead you to victory. Just as soon as the fortress falls, half the spoils belong to us. Resume the attack in the morning" Keep an eye on them once you finished the speech, to see what they do. Now get moving"

Instead of immediately obeying him, they both stood there next to him in silence.

"Huh? What's wrong? Go on you two"