006

{ A/n, your back in your original clothing }

August 1013 AD Denmark, in the Vicinity of Jelling, the king, King Sweyn, and his soldiers were preparing for their incoming war against the English.

"The time has come. We must show those insolent English scoundrels, the power of a true king" He said.

"Yes. And I give you my word, to achieve our goal of capturing England. My men will fight relentlessly" Floki said.

"Hmm...and where is Canute? He has arrived hasn't he?" The king questioned.

"Indeed, his highness, the prince, awaits in Jelling. He's nourishing his spirit in preparation for the march" Floki replied.

"My king, are you sure you cannot reconsider your plan?" A bald man with brown hair receding in the back said, as he walked up next to Floki and his eyes trained on the King up ahead.

"Ragnar don't" Floki said, sternly.

"Theirs simply no need for Prince Canute to come along sire" He said.

"He's a candidate for succession, I shall give him the chance to display valor on the battlefield, just like his brother Harold" The king replied.

"B-But your majesty! His highness the prince still lacks experience on the field of battle"

"Enough, Ragnar. I am mindful of my son's safety as well. It's the very reason why, due to Floki's reports on her progress from Askeladd, I appointed his daughter as his personal bodyguard. Still however, we are the leaders of the Vikings, we must demonstrate our courage to earn their respect. We set sail in the morning"

With nothing else to say, the king left Ragnar alone to wallow in his discouragement, as he boarded one of his soldiers boats. Starting from the Humber River, they invaded northern England. In Gainsborough, five major cities surrendered to them. The sweeping momentum continued, as the main contingent moved South overland. Establishing dominance over each region as they continued their march. And yet, the steady and advance of the Danish forces came to sudden, albeit, temporary halt. In the commercial city of London, on October 1013 AD.