007

The battle that transpired afterwards was hectic to say the least, other than the forest fire, a good chunk of Askeladd's men were slain by Thorkil's

The battle that transpired afterwards was hectic to say the least, other than the forest fire, a good chunk of Askeladd's men were slain by Thorkil's. Same could be said for his side as well. Thankfully though, Thorfinn and (Y/n), per Askeladd's orders, were able to rescue Prince Canute, Ragnar, and the Priest that was traveling with them, from the blonde giant. And safely escort them back to him as the flames began dying down.

After getting to their ships, they traveled all the way and docked them at Wales, East Morgannwg. While Askeladd and Ragnar were having a disagreement about their next destination, Canute, just a few inches away from them, with his back turned, gazed at a bird flying in the sky.

"That hawk, it flys so low...." He said.

'Hm, he's right. It would probably make for a decent meal too' (Y/n) thought, as she walked and stood next to him without him even noticing.

"Ragnar, I want it"

"W-wha—Uh, sorry your highness. But this is important" Ragnar said.

Seeing how eager the prince wanted the bird and that Ragnar wasn't offering to help, (Y/n) took it upon herself to catch it for him. After picking up a pebble on the ground, she effortlessly tossed it through the air and pelted the bird with it.

It cried out before falling downward and she dashed to where it was going to land, and caught it in her arms.

The prince gazed at her, completely astonished, as she walked up and presented the bird to him.

"*smile* Here you go your highness. I made sure to hit in a spot to kill it quickly so that the meat wouldn't go bad from its stress" She said.

"*blush* T-th-thank you...very much..." He said, as he took the bird and shyly gazed towards ships/sea.

"You're welcome. Though I'm your bodyguard, remember to not be afraid to ask anything else from me other than your protection. I promise I won't hesitate to do both" She replied.