Chapter 48

LAURICE

"You're really doing this?" Candice asked.

"We are literally helping her pack and you're asking if she's doing this?" Tara asked and I laughed.

"I think Candice is more surprised na pumayag parents ko," I said and Candice agreed.

"You're really moving in with Chris?" I heard Ate Ellis' voice and I turned around to look.

Tara was closer so she got to her before I did, helping her seat on the couch. Ate Ellis' back pain has been bothering her and these girls didn't know that. So I'm glad that Tara helped her out a little. Well, it was something they did when she was pregnant with Kyle din.

"That explains why Logan's a little sour," Ate laughed which made us all laugh.

"You were sleeping nung nagpaalam ako," sabi ko.

When Chris and I talked about moving in together, we both wanted to do it immediately. But we both know it's a little difficult; a lot of things need to be considered. The first being, my things.

Chris' condo unit although it's a penthouse, it's honestly just the size of my room here in the palace. His arrangement in the condo was solely for him. I can say that I don't mind the size of the place but I've been living my life where I don't ever have to think if there's room for my things.

So thinking it's not an issue and now thinking it is? A little...surprising because ang dami kong gamit. My walk-in-closet is the size of a room for others because my closet is not just my clothes and shoes, pati bags ko. Plus yung gowns ko pa for luncheons, parties, and conferences.

Kaya I've been sorting through my things for the past days and realized it's hard choosing when I want to bring everything. So I called my Candice and Tara to help me choose what to bring.

"You know I've been thinking, what if we get a house?" Tanong ni Chris.

"Is it going to be easy?" Tanong ko.

"Yeah, I've browsed a few already and there are houses that are fully furnished. We can share the payment for the house and put it under your name," sabi n'ya. "What do you think?"

"Are you going to be okay with moving? Baka mapalayo ka sa IC," sabi ko.

Because unlike him who has an office job, I work in our family's company almost anywhere and just attend to my Royal Duties while managing Royal Hands.

"I'm okay with it. Besides, I'm already having space issues in the condo. At ang dami rin kasing humaharang sa'kin sa parking lot na residents para magpa-picture." He sighed. "I mean, I still allow them but I won't always have the energy to accommodate them."

Chris was smiling while rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb but I just...felt how tired he was when he was saying it so I held his hand with both of mine and moved it near my cheek.

Sasabihin ko sana na okay, let's find a house here in Great Crystal since he's going to be here for a few years and we're most probably moving to Great Emerald once he finishes his masters in law. But I heard someone clearing their throat and I saw Kuya by the door of his study in the palace with a blank look on his face.

Napabitaw tuloy ako sa kamay ni Chris, who only laughed, and Kuya walked towards the couch across where we sat. Then he put down a small box on top of a folder on the low table between us. Must be why Kuya told us to meet him in his study.

"What's this?" Tanong ko while Chris took the folder.

But when I looked at Chris, his eyes were wide. Napatigil tuloy ako sa pagkuha ng box and then I peeked at the folder; which made my eyes go wide din.