Chapter 6

Neteyam pov

I searched the beach looking for my siblings. It was time for lunch so my mom sent me to call them.

"Lo'ak! Kiri! Where are you guys?" I say placing my hands on my hips.

I thought I heard so yelling so I walked in that direction.

"Back off from my sister!" I knew that was Lo'ak.

As I walked closer I could see some of the water navis surrounding kiri and Lo'ak.

What annoyed me the most was when I saw Aonung just standing there. Just when I thought he was starting to warm up to us.

I don't know what came over me but I rushed over yelling.

"What's going on here?!"

I saw Aonung's surprised look but I turned my head not wanting to see his face anymore.

I knew we would be in trouble if father found out we got into a fight.

So I turned around trying to pull Lo'ak with me.

"Yeah run away you freak!" One of the water navis yelled.

This caused Lo'ak to turn around. He walked up to the Navi and showed him his fingers.

"I may be a freak but my 5 fingers do this cool thing look"

"Oh no" before I could stop Lo'ak the Navi leaned closet and Lo'ak punched him right in the jaw.

I'm not gonna lie I wanted to laugh a bit but instead, I tried to get Lo'ak off of him.

The others thought I was gonna join in so they came at me. I quickly dodged them and landed on top of someone.

When I looked down I realized it was
Aonung and for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to hit him.

I just looked at him and whispered why. But before I could get an answer father broke us up.

"You two with me right now!" He sounded pissed.

As soon as we had distanced ourselves from the water navis he turned around.

"What the hell do you two think you were doing?"

"Dad they were making fun of kiri!" Lo'ak responded.

He sighed.

"Just be more careful, the chief is already doing us a favor and letting us stay here. I don't wanna cause more trouble"

"Yes dad" me and Lo'ak answered while bowing our heads respectfully.

"Alright now get out of here" he said.

I was about to walk out when he stopped me.

"How do the others look?"

"Worse," I snickered.

"Alright get out of here," he said trying not laugh either.

I decided to cool off and explore the place. Other than the beach I haven't really seen much of the place.

I went behind the Metkayina homes and climed the huge tree roots.

Once I got to the ground level of the trees, I noticed it was like a forest.
It reminded me of home.

The smell of the leaves and the grass.
I walked until I found a nice spot in the forest to lay.

Finally peace to think about everything. Why would Aonung do that? I really thought we were starting to bond.

I rolled onto my side my tail wrapping around my leg. Was it just me who thought that?

Why do I even like this boy?

"Uggggh" I groaned. Dear Eywa why is he making me like this?!

"Why do I like that boy so much?" I questioned myself out loud.

Then I heard rustling behind me. I stood up quickly and took my knife that was on my side pocket out.

"Who's there!?" I yelled.

Silence. I don't like that.

"Come out now!!" I yelled again but this time I let out a low hiss.

"Alright sweetheart don't kill me" the voice says making me realize it's Aonung. 

Okay I'm leaving it there for now. Hey guys sorry I haven't wrote in a while I had some things to take care of.