Chapter 13

PLEASE READ THIS INFO!! So I realized I made neteyam's birthday the day after Jake and Neytiri return so imma push it back a bit more. So that means his birthday is in a few days. Also Lo'ak and tsireya are official in here.

Aonung pov

After Neteyam showed me were I was staying I sat and thought for a bit.

After 5 years I finally get to see him again. In those 5 years I came to realize my feelings about him.

Tsireya knows. She was the one who helped me figure it out.

I really don't wanna lose him again. I've decided. I will make Neteyam mine!

But I'm going to need help...

I ended up telling tsireya and Lo'ak (since he was there) what I wanted to do.

So far, Lo'ak has confirmed that neteyam isn't currently dating anyone. Meaning I have a chance at courting him.

The next day~~~

Since we're were going to stay a while the sullys thought it would be a good idea for us to learn how to hunt in the forest.

We got split into groups Lo'ak with Tsireya (of course), kiri with roxto and me and neteyam.

So the plan was for me to show off and impress neteyam with my skills and try to get him to fall for me.

Then on the day of his birthday I'll ask him to be mine. Oh dear Eywa please let this work.

Neteyam pov

I was excited to spend time with ma'nung again. It feels like when we were kids.

If only then I had told him how I felt. I wonder if he's got someone special. He must, after all he about to become cheif.

I sigh. I really wish I can be with Aonung. He probably wouldn't want me either way.

I'm a guy to begin with, I can't give him offspring. Plus there's tons of girls that are more pretty than I am.

He wouldn't want me. I feel my ears droop as I think.

I shake my head. Mom and dad wanted us to help them get used to hunting and living here. So let's focus on that.

I turn around to see aonung looking around the forest. I smile.

"Gorgeous isn't it?" I say looking at the plants all around us.

"Yeah it is, just like u" he whispered. I blushed. I don't know if he meant for me to hear that so I continue like so.

We reach an opening were there are a bunch of direhorses.

"Your going to have to ride one of those if you want to get around here" I say slowing making my way to one of them before calming it down so that Aonung could make a bond.

He looks at me then internally decides something before making his way to the horse.

"Alright, so how do I bond with it?" Aonung ask grabbing his hair braid.

"Here" I grab the antenna it has on the side and bring it toward Aonung.

He makes the bond.

"Think calm ma'nung"

He looks at me and concentrates. He exhales then climbs on top of her.

He looks at me with a smug look. I giggle.

Then he tries to go forward but he ends up in the mud. I try hard to hold my laughter but I can't.

"It's not that funny.." he says smiling at me. Just then Tisaye comes along on a direhorse.

He looks at Aonung in a way that I can't quite put my finger on. He turns to me.

"Heey neteyam" he says smiling.

"Hi tisaye, were are you headed?" I ask.

"Oh just roaming about... you know how I am"

He barely acknowledges Aonung before leaving. I wonder what's up with him. I shake my thoughts about and focus on Aonung.

"Come I'll show you more" I say as I continue walking through the forest.