Two

First Year,
First Time For Everything

"Then he turned to his friend and said that I was a stupid girl, that I was in his way," Katherine explained, the boy did sound rude indeed. Though if Aurora had to guess her cousin was most likely standing close to the barrier.

As they made their way across the lake, towards the castle her heart rose into her throat, she could hardly breathe in a moment she would be sorted into her house for the next seven years. She only hoped that she was with Lou or Kat, either one would be fine with her.

Katherine pointed out the boy to her, he was laughing with his friend, he didn't seem rude. Then again he didn't bump into her, he and his friend seemed to be in a disagreement with two twin brothers, and... No, it couldn't be. Harry Potter?

Yes, it is Harry Potter, son of the famous quidditch star, James Potter, she recognised him anywhere. She and Louisa were big Quidditch fans. Louisa would die if she knew I was in the same house as Harry Potter. Okay, calm down Rory, don't scare him before you meet him.

A tall Professor guided them through the Great Hall, it was like she had dreamed, a warm friendly appeal, with a soothing ceiling enchanted to look like the night sky. She smiled as she gazed all around her, she and Katherine waved to Louisa, who shyly waved back.

Highly doubt Lou, wanted anything to do with them at school, she'd be surprised if they spoke often. Louisa liked her privacy all too much to have it be disrupted by her sister or cousin. Maybe not Jessica for some reason she always had the time for her.

"Draco Malfoy," she watched as he confidently approached the stool, before the hat touched his head it screamed.

"SLYTHERIN!" she should have known, she could practically feel the arrogance radiating from him.

"Katherine Parker," she squeezed her hand before she let go, she wasn't sat there long until the hat decided to place her in Ravenclaw, 'I can see that, she's a very logical person'

"Aurora Fawley," she gulped, trying to keep her cool as she sat on the stool.

"Hmm, a strong head on your shoulders, a sense of pride and purpose, I believe you'll do well in...

"SLYTHERIN!" her heart dropped, if she didn't say she was surprised her face definitely showed it.

"You okay?" an older Ravenclaw asked as one of the Twins sat down, he nodded, "You'll be fine, I know it,"

"Is she your sister?" she asked, he nodded, she smiled at him, "I'm Aurora,"

"Hadrian,"

"Did you see his face?" the rude boy, who she now knew as Theodore Nott laughed.

"Shut up," Hadrian warned, "I could have ended up there too," he turned to her, "Sorry, I don't take humiliating my family kindly,"

"Oh no, I get it,

"At least we'll get our own rooms," he said, she creased her brows.

"We don't have to share?"

"Yeah, my mum and uncles were in Slytherin, they each had their own room,"

That brighten her mood a little, the thought of sharing with a bunch of spoiled Purebloods, like Pansy Parkinson and Daphne Greengrass boiled her blood. At least she could decorate her room however she wanted it, lay in on weekends without being disturbed by anyone else.

The Slytherin Prefect escorted the first years along the most direct path to their dormitory, she need to remember the way if she wanted to avoid getting lost. She found the passwording system to be strange, it couldn't be true as she listened to the prefect.

"You each have your own password, it's your blood status, say it correctly and you'll be granted access," She waited many said their password, Pureblood, Pureblood, Halfblood... it couldn't be true. As she walked up to the door.

"Halfblood," the door wouldn't budge, she huffed, "Pureblood," she muttered, as the door swung open for her. "How degrading,"

"How is it degrading," she whirled around facing Draco Malfoy, "it's what you are isn't it?"

"Yes, but what about muggle-borns,"

"You mean mudbloods,"

"They're muggle-borns, how could even mutter a word like that,"

"Because it's what they are,"

"Well, I think-

"Hey, I want to show you something," Hadrian said, pulling her away from him.

"The nerve of that arrogant, uptight-

"Just ignore him, he'll only taunt you more," he told her, as though he knew Malfoy personally, or at least well enough to know a few things.

He showed her the 'Slytherin Wall of Fame,' she looked at all the achievements of Slytherin house, some of its more honoured students. She noted a girl that looked just like Hadrian's sister, practically her double, she looked for her name. Slytherin Quidditch team of 1974, Aimee Burke.

"Is she your mother?" she questioned.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Your sister looks just like her,"

He smiled clearly proud of his mother and their family, she excused herself to find herself a room. Though she seemed to wait too long, as the only rooms available were either next to Malfoy or Parkinson. Lesser of two evils she told herself.

She chose the room next to Pansy how bad could she be. She'd have to be better than Malfoy, anyone could be better than Malfoy. She'd write to her parents another day, for now, she need to settle into her home for the rest of the school year.