Three

First Year,
Fantastic Kat.

The next morning, the first of many days at Hogwarts, she was happy to see Hadrian had waited for her. Even happier to realise her cousin Louisa had come to greet her outside of Slytherin Common Room. Her face lit up, as she ran towards her hugging her tightly.

"How was your first night?" she turned to Hadrian waiting for her, waving him over to them.

"This is Hadrian, we talked throughout the night mostly,"

"I already sort of know you don't I?" he asked her cousin smiling at him, nodding lightly.

"That Malfoy's a real jerk, he's so full of himself," she said, Hadrian nodded along with her.

"Well if you know anything about his family it isn't surprising," she smirked feeling a little better it must have just been how he acted all the time.

"I must get to class, I'm glad you had a good first night," Louisa hugged her before hurrying to her class.

The pair hurried to their classroom, skipping their breakfast to avoid being late, thankfully. She scowled as Malfoy smirked at her, while his friend smirked at Katherine, chatting, Hadrian nudged her to stop scowling. Katherine hooked her arm, smiling at her.

"Have a good night?"

"Better than I thought it would be," she told her, smiling back at her, "Hadrian and I spoke throughout the night, we both couldn't sleep,"

She opted to sit with her cousin, rather than Hadrian he understood hoping for his brother to get here in time. As McGonagall let them into the classroom, Hadrian had to sit with another Slytherin boy. His twin brother and friends burst into the classroom, hurrying to find their seats.

McGonagall changed from a cat, shocking the three boys, she and Katherine listened closely to the professor as they took notes on the subject. When they began working on their task, the two girls spoke quietly so as to not disturb the students near them.

"Could I invite Hadrian to hang out with us?"

"Yeah, what's he like?" Katherine asked

"We didn't talk about much, but he seems understanding,"

Aurora waited until McGonagall's attention was elsewhere. She had to wait longer than she expected, the Professor, kept a close eye on her class. She took her chance when she turned to scold Hadrian's brother for talking to loudly, she leaned over passing Hadrian a note.

'Do you want to come to the lake with me?'

She waited for him to unfold it, he turned around lightly nodding his head, smiling at her. She turned to her work continuing her reading in her textbook. She should have specified Katherine would be with her too.

As class came to an end, she and Katherine waited for Hadrian, who had been cornered by his sister. She smiled he had a sister that cared deeply for him, she could see that. She must have been worried for her brother, being sorted into Slytherin, especially with the majority of his ancestors, being sorted into the house.

He seemed proud that his brother, sisters, and cousins were in other houses. He didn't see any shame in opening talking with them, despite the odd looks he would receive for his Slytherin robes and tie. She and Katherine moved to the side as Nott and Malfoy walked towards them.

Katherine huffed as Nott walked into her side. She rolled her eyes at him, as she notice Hadrian was done talking she walked over to him, unaware Katherine walked in the other direction. Loud commotion from caught her attention but before she could register what happened, her cousin ushered her and Hadrian away.

"Did you do that?" the boy asked, Katherine nodded. "That's pretty funny," he offered his hand to her, "Hadrian,"

"Katherine," she said shaking his hand.

"What did you do?" she exclaimed, looking back and hearing all the noise.

"Don't worry about it," Aurora gritted her teeth.

"Fantastic Kat, now Malfoy's taunting will be worse,"

"Leave Malfoy to me," Hadrian told her, "I know how to deal with that type of person,"

"Oh really?" she mused.

"Yeah, my mother still has two favours to cash in with Draco's father, I'm sure she'll let me use one, not that I'd need," she turned to Katherine,

"How in merlin's world did your mum, get not one but two favours from a Malfoy," Katherine asked, he shrugged his shoulders,

"I don't know, I just know she does,"

"I might have to pay your mum a visit, learn her tricks," she joked, "then maybe I could get Malfoy to owe me a couple of favours," Hadrian laughed with her.

"I'm sure she'd share her secrets, just don't tell her you intend to use them, for your own personal reasons, my mother's all for helping people, not using people,"

She was glad Katherine and Hadrian got along. He was a good person she could sense that about him, she didn't fully understand how he would 'deal' Malfoy. Once they parted way, Katherine heading to Ravenclaw Tower, while she and Hadrian returned to their common room, she narrowed her eyes at Malfoy laughing in the corner of the room.

"How are you going to deal with him?" she asked, Hadrian looked towards Draco and his friends. He nodded his head towards his room, as he closed the door behind him he spoke.

"My mother was or is still good friends with their parents, I'm not entirely sure," he sat down loosening his tie, "she likes to throw these parties, at Christmas and before school starts,"

"That sounds like fun,"

"They are fun, the guest list includes, Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, Theodore Nott and Helene Zabini. Which ultimately means their sons attend the party too."

"So you know them well," she questioned.

"Well enough, my siblings and cousin, never bothered to talk to them, I do, Draco he's an entitled ass, I don't think that'll change, Theo can actually be a lot of fun once you know him, Blaise he's quiet but a good to talk to,"

"You know more than you let on, that's sneaky Black,"

"I never said I didn't know them, you don't ask the questions, Fawley,"