𝘅𝘃. sun and the moon

PEACE. Peace is like the sun and the moon. Humans chase peace like the moon chases the sun. It follows it along its path. That path is peace.

But, the moon can be at fault as it seems. The sun perceives her feelings as hatred, constantly changing route to get away from the moon, no matter how much time has passed.

June was the sun. Kiara was the moon.

June hated Kiara, as she said. But, she can't help but let her heart skip a beat every time she sees her. In her mind, she wished she had never spent that school year with the girl— wished she had never bumped into her that august day.

But, deep down in her heart June Quinn was willing to risk it all for Kiara Carrera. Her moon. The girl who broke her heart and stepped on it. The girl she was suppose to dread was watching her from a far with glistened eyes, only making her breathe hitch.

Kiara couldn't help but chase her. She wanted her. She wished that it never happened, her and Camilla. June was her Sun. She would chase her till eternity and still try. Her heart wanted to hate her as June hated her so badly. But, she couldn't.

She couldn't bring herself to despise the girl. After all, she was her first love. She was bound to her. Kiara was bound to run after her. Night and day, she only thought about June.

Every time she saw something pink or white she immediately thought of June. Every time she saw her smile, her heart would drop to the ground. June was her whole world, she just didn't know it yet.

Kiara wanted to hate her so bad. But, watching her smile and laugh, made everything ten times harder.

"Your gonna pass out," Pope pointed out as June giggled, hanging upside down from the tree. "Don't be a party pooper! This shit is fun." Her laughter filled Kiara's ears like an angel had sung to her. Like she was in the presence of her only life.

"Yeah, well your suppose to be helping me graph this." June shrugged, "I don't see the problem. You and me both know I don't know what in the hell is on that paper." He only rolled his eyes, returning to his paper.

"Who drew this?" Kiara asked, looking at the confusing piece of paper. "Who do you think?" Sarah pointed at the idiot who hung from a tree, and June noticed, giving them a light wave. The two friends broke out in laughter.

The two now friends who were both in love with the same girl. One was aware and one was in denial.

Sarah Cameron was in denial. She didn't wanna love June like that. She had somebody. A somebody she wanted to take seriously. But, the little devil on her shoulder screamed June's name every second of every hour.

Kiara stood across from June, watching as she melted the gold with her, she shot proud glances to her every couple minutes which June ignored.
"Let's get goin!"

JJ grumbled, opening the door for everybody else, "Hell of a job melting it down, Frankenstein's!"

"Don't be a brat." June flicked him off, pushing it all in his face which he reacted, smacking her hand away lightly. "Like you could've done it better."

"I could have done better. I took a welding class!" JJ obviously lied, "JJ, you can barely pick up a pencil and draw a straight line." June pointed out, making Pope choke on his laughter.

"Whoa, whoa! Hey. Sh!" John B said, pushing Kiara and JJ apart. "Chill out, okay?"

"Easy for you to say, you're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off. How did I get this job anyway?" JJ adjusted his bag, annoyance laced in his tone, "Your the best liar."