𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. no regrets

JUNE QUINN'S leg bounced, hitting the top of the table as she anxiously tapped her fingers against the glass cup in her hand. Ice sat carefully up against her foot, trying to soothe the pain caused by her anger.

Her finger tips held the rolled blunt in her hand as she took a long hit, the smell of weed filling her bedroom. She didn't realize how late it was at night until she heard her dad finally walk into the house. 1:30AM the clock read as she furrowed her eyes in confusion. All she was doing was thinking and staring at her picture wall that vines hung over.

June's body jumped at the sound of tapping at her window, "Shit," she groaned at the sight of Kiara.

"Ya gonna open the window or did I drive all the way here for nothing?" Her muffled voice made June sighed lightly as she placed her blunt on the ashtray sat on her desk. All she did was push the handle to the other side, making a sound that confirmed it was unlocked. June nodded to Kiara, allowing her to open it herself.

Kiara stood by the window awkwardly, watching as she took her seat on the floor once again before putting the ice back on her foot. She looked around the room— it looked different since the last time she was here.

Her walls were now white instead of a very faint pink, she didn't have a purple comforter anymore, it was now black. She was an observer. Especially an observer of June.

"Today didn't go as planned?" Kiara finally spoke up, making June slowly look at her with red eyes. "No, no it didn't." Her eyebrows furrowed at the thought. She shouldn't even be talking to any of the pogues right now— for her own good.

But, why can't she stay away from them? From her?

"Did you come here for something?" June asked, taking another hit of the blunt in her hand. "Yeah. I came to check on you, actually."

Her eyes instantly darted back to the girl, staring at her with both teary eyes, though they were insanely low. June shook her head, "Don't do that."

"Do what? Care about you?" June grumbled at Kiara's words, "Yes! Exactly that," the girl felt the pain in her heart even speaking to Kiara, "Stop caring about me, Kie. I don't need you to, I am fine." Kiara was desperate. She was tired of letting her slip out of her grip.

"Stop acting like you don't care about me too. I saw the way you reacted with what happened to me today. We all did, Ju'," Kiara spoke softly, "Stop pushing me away. Stop pushing us away."

June was tempted at the sight of Kiara walking towards her with a pleading look. Her whole body was screaming for Kiara at this point. Tingling was felt in her fingers as Kiara reached for her hand, then her cheek.

June shook her head, trying to move away till the grip on her wrist tightened. Kiara looked at her with eyes she has never seen before from anybody.

June couldn't hold back, grabbing the girl by the back of her head as she slammed her lips against hers. Kiara gasped into the kiss, feeling her forehead touch hers. A single tear fell from both of their faces as their lips moved in sync.

June couldn't comprehend the feelings she was getting in this moment.

Here she was vulnerable once again in the arms of her ex girlfriend who broke her heart into peaces. She prayed that one day she would figure out why she wanted this girl so bad even after anything. Second chances maybe are a thing? Either way, the way her hands felt on her body were more comforting then she could had ever felt.

Kiara felt her heart be placed back into place as she kissed the girl she loved so deeply. She wanted to so bad to pull away but June was a magnet.

June pulled away, pulling them to the ground before getting on her lap. Kiara smiled at her, wiping the dried to off her face. "Wait, wait." She spoke up, making June furrow her eyebrows. "You can't take this back, June."