𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. some people can't help the hunted

KIARA CARRERA couldn't stop thinking about June. Like usual. But, this time it was different.

As she replayed the kiss over and over in her head she could only think of one thing. How long before Sarah swoops in and gets takes June away for herself?

Because Kiara wasn't an idiot. Sooner or later Sarah was gonna come to her senses and realize what kind of girl she lost.

A girl that Kiara has loved since the day she picked up her books on the first day of school. Or since she invited her to pick up trash along the beach.

Kiara was so deeply fond of her.

But, June didn't know what to do as she walked, nervously playing with her fingers. She came to terms with the fact that she didn't regret the kiss with Kiara at all. In fact, it was like a weight lifting off her heart.

She just didn't know who she wanted. The girl who betrayed her, or the girl who betrayed her?

June kicked a tree angrily, grunting at the impact as she held her foot in pain, jumping in a circle before she fell. "Fuck!"

This was all pointless. She felt like nothing mattered, but for some reason she still hoped as she got up, mentally cursing to herself as she rubbed her foot.

Her mind was her own enemy in this choice. They would both hurt her in the end, no matter where this goes.

Sarah would run back to John B or Topper after one argument, even if she caused it. She was always like that. She didnt know how to commit. But, June always comforted her and said, "We all have things we have to work on." But, somehow, she never worked on it.

And Kiara swore she could see her life flash before her eyes as the pretty girl walked down the deck. "What's up?"

John B gave her a light glare which only made her entirely more uncomfortable before the silence was broke, "Ward got the gold. He took the last of it."

"What?" Her heart cracked even more as he broke the news, nodding to her. "I went to see and there was nothing. At all."

He grunted as he ripped of his arm brace, "Look, it's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit."

Kiara groaned to herself at the sight, "John B," he returned the favor, interrupting her, "What, Kie? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?"

"You should care. Your arms gonna be messed up for life." She pointed out, "It's fine see." John wiggled his fingers teasingly.

"Guys!"

The four of their heads turned quickly at the noise, "Oh, god! I ran all the way here."

"You all right?"

"How was the interview?" June asked, looking at him with proud eyes, "Don't ask. JB, look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything." He sighed, panting loudly, "But, I don't have a lot of time. And I have information that is tactically relevant."

"So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy it needed a longer landing strip to take off." They all looked curiously at his words,

"So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, "Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off?" What could be so heavy to weigh it down?"