6 | Act out, trip out. | Part 2

SMOKEY: hey sparky
SMOKEY: r u awake
_________________

Content Warning; use of drugs, panic attack, brief mention of violence (referencing the previous chapter)
_________________

January 18th 2013

That was a mistake. This was a really bad mistake.

Why did I do that?

When the acid started to take effect, I began to cry. When I looked down at my hands, it looked like the ends of my fingers were slowly melting. The longer I looked, the further it spread; up through my fingers to my hands to my wrists. I could hear the blood rushing in my ears as I watched in horror. I kept trying to tell myself it wasn't real. It was just a bad trip. I couldn't shake it though. My feet began to feel numb, and my chest felt tighter. I jumped to my feet, only to fall over.

I cried out, trying to drag myself over to the door. I needed help. I needed to get help. The walls looked like they were breathing. Vein-like shapes started lifting in the wall, beating along with my quickened heart. I was screaming, the shadows in my room twisting until they looked like creatures glaring down at me.

This was supposed to help. This was supposed to distract me.

And it was. But not the good kind of distraction.

I could hear a loud, intense ringing sound.

"I don't... I don't want to die. Please!" I shouted, but no one was there to listen as I heaved, sobbing into the floor as I tried to hide from the creatures I could see. The world began to look fuzzy, even when I had my eyes closed. Bright colours flashed behind my eyelids and slowly the image of clawed hands started to form, chasing me. I forced my eyes open, rolling onto my back as I kept trying to convince myself that none of it was real.

But fuck. God, did it feel real. I wiped away some sweat from my brow, lifting a melted-looking hand to do so. when I took it away, bright colours glistened as if it was paint that I had wiped away. I could see the bones in my hands. They looked like they were glowing.

My face was melting. The room gained saturation, more than the saturation I described seeing when I was with Joby. The room was changing colour, bright neon colours making it hurt to keep my eyes open. Even if I had closed my eyes, though, I couldn't get away from it. When I looked into the mirror hanging from the top of my door, I saw what looked like my face. It look melted, unphased eyes dilated with the beating of my heart. The shapes of my pupils looked like they were ever-changing, and I threw myself onto my back again, squirming to get away from the mirror again. My reflection terrified me the most out of the entirety of this experience.

I heard my phone sing to me, and I scrambled over to it and unlocked it.

Joby.

I struggled to hit the notification that popped up from Joby's messages. I tried to hit the call button, watery eyes blurring my vision slightly. He picked up after my phone rang three times, and I started to sob uncontrollably again.

"JOBY!" That was all I managed to shout.

"[y/n]? Are you okay? [y/n]?" I could hear his voice, quick-paced when he was speaking. I could hear the sound of his footsteps over the phone. At that moment I was glad I left the door unlocked.

I fell to the floor, eyes screwed shut as I waited. Behind my eyelids, I started to make out the shape of thousands of eyes, blinking and staring at me. My eyes flew open again, and there was Joby. Despite how the hallucinations were morphing him, I knew it was him. I knew it was him by the echoing sound of his concerned voice.