Monster

Izuku was having his first proper sleep since he'd left UA.

When he left, he would only get small snaps in between fighting. And when he did try and get a proper sleep, Danger Sense would wake him right back up. So he eventually decided to just forgo sleep entirely. But now that he was floating in the realm of slumber, he was reminded of how good sleep felt.

Nothing could ruin this.

——

"WAKE UP LAZY BUTT!" A girl with ginger hair yelled out loud. She ignored the green haired boy who jumped in fright at the sound of her voice and fell off the windowsill he was sleeping on onto the ground below face first. Instead she focuses on the boy next to her. The boy groaned and slowly sat up, stretching his black hair. Once he lifted his hand from his hair, the magenta streak became visible for all to see. "It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!" The girl sang with a passion as the boy beside her sighed.

——

The boy checked his teeth in the mirror, making sure they were all clean after he'd brushed them. Once he was sure, he put his toothbrush into a zip lock bag before walking out of the men's bathroom. But just because the bathroom was only meant for men, didn't mean a woman couldn't walk in. Since that's what his friend did as she followed him out.

"I can't believe we've been at Beacon for a full twenty-four hours! Not that I'd thought we'd get kicked out or anything. I mean you're the perfect student and I'm... well, I'm me! But it's just crazy, you know?!"

——

The boy looked around the ballroom as he tightened the straps on his sleeping bag. He turned his head to the left to see his friend brushing her hair as she continued talking "We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not 'together-together...'. Not that I'm saying that you're not handsome; You are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?"

——

The boy lowered his spoon into his bowl of cereal before slowly lifting it out. He watched as the flakes floated on the milk before gently putting the spoon into his mouth and eating the contents. His friend continued to talk as she devoured the pancakes in front of her as if she hadn't eaten in days. "Right! What was I thinking? But still, I hope we end up on the same team together! Oh! We should come up with some sort of plan, to make sure we end up on the same team! What if we bribe the headmaster? No, that won't work. He has the school"

——

Finally, they were in the locker room, surrounded by multiple applicants. The boy grabbed some magazines and put them into his weapon, StormFlower. While he was loading ammunition into his weapon, The girl continued to babble on "I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal." She gasped in realization as a better idea came into her mind "A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a Sloth?" She asked

The boy holstered his guns into his sleeves before turning to the girl "Nora"

"Yes, Ren?" Nora replied

"I don't think Sloths make a lot of noise." He told her.

"That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together!" Nora exclaimed with a crazy grin on her face.

Ren sighed in amusement before shutting his locker "Come on Nora, let's go." He told her as he walked away. Nora quickly skipped after him not wanting to be left behind. As they walked, they passed Izuku who was heading towards his locker with Jaune. Izuku was, as he normally was, quiet.

It wasn't that Izuku didn't want to talk to the blond next to him. Well, he did want to keep to himself more, but when he did want to talk, he didn't know what to say. Same when he was speaking to Ruby or Yang. He knew nothing about their world and they didn't know anything about him. To him it felt like there was a giant crevice between them. One neither of them could cross. But unlike them, he was content to just stay on his side. But sometimes the crevice would close, allowing them to chat freely. But normally not for too long.