Chapter 1

The first thing I felt when I woke up was the cold. Unlike the uncomfortable warmth of the hospital room that I staying in, it was like a welcome relief. And the quilt kept me from being too cold.

Even the gentle tapping of the rain on my window was comfortable.

Wait....

I was lying on my side when my eyes flew open, a window came into my line of sight. I follow the the raindrops racing down against each other, then I focused beyond them.

It was night, I could barely make out the trees because of the darkness. I turn to lay on my back. Familiar white ceiling and olives walls greeted my vision.

"What...?"

Instead of the hospital room where I was confined too, I was myself back home, in my bedroom.

I found myself sitting, staring at the furniture I arranged myself. As I was looking around, when I realised that I could sit without anyone's help. I looked down, my body wasn't skinny anymore. It was back to normal, just like before I was diagnosed with cancer.

What is going on?

My head swirled with many emotions, when I caught sight of the full body-length mirror again. As if with a mind of their own, my feet dragged me out of my bed, goosebumps rising from the cold biting on my exposed skin, dissolving my doubt of dreaming as I came to stop in front of the mirror.

The girl inside the mirror had an average figure, standing tall with height of 167 cm. She has fair skin and brownish amber eyes, and wavy, shoulder-length carrot colour hair.

She copied me as I wrapped my arms around myself, tears glistening in my eyes. I couldn't believe that I was back to normal.

One part of my brain tells me that I was dreaming, while the other tells me the opposite.

I don't know how much time had passed as I stared at myself, maybe hours. The world outside gradually brightened for me to make out a small, two-bedroom, white house. A shiver ran through me and I realised that I was shaking badly.

Grabbing a jacket, I decided to head down. My feet slow while I look around my house. There were few elements that suprised me. The calendar dated way back to 2005, the telephone hanging on the wall, and lastly the tv had been replaced with a small box one.

Maybe my sister replaced it. But why bought an old version?

After roaming around the house for quite a while, I went outside and froze to the the neighborhood had completely changed.

It was much beautiful now. Everything was green; the trees, their trunks covered with moss, their branches hanging with a canopy of it, the ground covered with ferns. Even the air filtered down greenly through the leaves.

There was the faint smell of rain in the air as I inhaled deeply, indicating that it's going to rain soon. Probably at night, because of the dark clouds covering the sky.

A black Honda Civic hybrid drove near my house, but instead of passing by, it turned and parked on the cemented pavement.

I stood there, staring in curiosity of who it might be. And soon the door opened and my sister stepped out to answer my question.

"Lia?" I wondered loudly, as she walks forward toward me, wearing a nurse outfit.

"Nyra? Why haven't you gotten ready yet? Your grades are already poor, well anyway. You're making dinner then. Wake me up when it's ready." She said, her tired blue eyes staring past me at the door. Then, she disappeared inside without saying anything else, making me confused.