Chapter 3

Edward was hesitant, eyes flashing at me for a brief second, when he spoke again. His voice serious, "I was right next to you Bella."

Bella was left in daze.

"Don't move," someone instructed.

"Get Tyler out of the van!" Someone else shouted.

When Bella tried to get up, Edward stopped her by putting on her shoulder.

"Stay put for now."

"But it's cold." Bella exclaimed, making Edward chuckle. They seem to be forgotten about my existence. I wanted to get angry, but the pain kept me occupied to feel anything else. Still, I cursed them mentally, hoping Edward to hear. Also hinting that I know his secret now, just to spite him.

However, he acted as he didn't while he continue to laugh.

Why?

"You were there." Bella pressed, cutting Edward off. His face turned hard.

"No, I wasn't."

"I saw you. Nyra? You saw him to right? He was standing four cars away from us, wasn't he?" Bella turned to look at me, her eyes wild. Edward refuses to meet my eyes when I turn to him. His face void of emotions, if his heart wasn't frozen, I'm sure it would be beating fast.

"I don't know, Bella. Ugh! M-My eyes were closed." I lied while groaning in pain. This time, Edward did look at me.

"I know what I saw..."

"Please Bella." He begged, his eyes blazed.

I didn't have the power to do this, so I closed my eyes shut when I started hearing the sirens. I seem to have lost consciousness after that, because when I opened my eyes again, I was in the hospital.

"Nyra..."

My head throbbed at the sound of my own name, as I flinched slightly and turned to give a weak smile to my crying sister.

"What an ugly face." I mused while chuckling.

"Thank god you're safe!" Aelia cried, fat tears streaming down her face. I could feel the tears gathering in my own eyes, though I pushed them back, blinking few times.

"Nyra, are you okay?"

My eyes met with the brown ones then, and smiled.

"Did you managed to get away unscratched?" I asked instead, to which Bella nodded. "Thank you... But why did you do that? Why would you-"

"Because I wanted to."

"Bella, Nyra, I'm so sorry." I thanked Tyler in my head for changing the subject. And I hope Bella won't pick it up later.

"It's fine, Tyler." I assured him.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. You missed us."

"But...how did you two get out of the way so fast?"

I turned silent. I don't want to be a part of this conversation anymore. And the fact that the Cullens were all here, somewhere in this hospital, they could be hearing us.

"Um... Edward pulled us out of the way."

"Who?" Tyler looked confused.

Bella glanced at me, and I avoided eye contact by looking at my sister. Please don't look at me.

I didn't hear the rest of the conversation as I was taken away to do my x-ray. I got to know that my right shoulder was extremely dislocated, which they popped it right back so fast that I didn't have the time to scream, and fortunately my head was fine. Just a little bump.