Chapter 6

On Monday morning, Bella and I reached the school way to early for my liking. First, I couldn't get enough sleep last night, too scared to close my eyes because of that dream.

Then on top of that, Bella came hollering at my house, ecstatic to see the sun again that she forgot to see the time.

Currently, we were sitting on the picnic benches on the south side of the cafeteria. Bella decided to read a book, while I put my head on the table.

I didn't care if the table of still a little damp, I just wanted to sleep a little as I could already feel the headache starting in my head.

And I somehow managed to find sleep as someone had to shook me awake, I lifted my head to see Mike sitting across me.

He reached forward to brush away a strand of hair which was stuck to my face, I instantly slapped his hand away in disgusted.

A noise of displeasure escaped from me, and I put my head back down, over my arms.

"You're not happy to see me?" His voice sounded a little hurt, but who am I to care about his unnecessary feelings.

"Why can't you just focus on Jessica?" I grumbled under my breath, but didn't hoped for him to hear me.

"Jessica? What do you mean?"

"Really, Mike, are you blind?" It was Bella who spoke.

"Oh."

Then the bell rang, and I heard Bella get up from beside me.

"It's time for class, and I can't be late again. Nyra?"

"I'm skipping class for today. You go ahead, Bella. Also, take this idiot with you." I said without lifting my head, sleep heavy on my eyelids, and I'm afraid if I open my eyes, it will go away. I felt my consciousness drifting away as sleep took over me again.

And I knew I made a good decision to skip class, when I open my eyes again, my headache was gone. I shifted my arm and it knocked into something.

There was a can of soda, kept perfectly in the middle of the table. I knew someone must've left it for me as it wasn't there before. But, since I don't drink any carbonated drinks, I ignored it and walked away.

Feeling fresh, I waited for Bella in the parking lot, since it was almost time for the school to be over. Goodness, I really slept for so long.

When the school got over, I watched as Bella practically drags herself to her truck.

"Why so sulky? Edward didn't come today?" I asked, and smirked when red adorned her face.

"I-I-" she stuttered, unable to speak.

"Don't worry. You'll see him soon."

"Please, stop it."

"Okay, Bel Bel."

"Not this name again." She whined while reversing the truck.

"It's either I stop talking about Edward, or I stop calling you Bel Bel." I gave her two horrible choices.

When she remained silent, and I took it she chose the first option. We reached home and Bella suggested to hangout. I agreed, since I know she wanted to keep her mind busy.

Right as we walked inside her house, Jessica called her to cancel the plan of dress shopping which was supposed to happen today if Mike didn't asked her for dinner. Bella told me that the plans have shifted to tomorrow, and invited me to come along.

"I don't think Jessica likes me that much. If she did, she would've invited me herself. I'm sure she talks behind my back." I told her as we went outside her house, after she wrote her mother an e-mail.