Chapter 7

I watch the blur of the trees while sitting inside the car. Alice's car. Porsche 911 Turbo.

She was driving while humming to a tune I don't recognise, and have absolutely no desire to find out. Jasper was next to her, looking outside the window like me.

Though, I appreciated the silence from them, but the way my heart refuses to calm down icks me. I don't want them to feel like I was scared of them, however... seeing Jasper being rigid, doesn't helps me at all. Then comes my sickness.

"Um, can we roll down the window? I'm feeling sick. Also, turn off the heater." I told Alice breathlessly as I rested my temple against the cold glass of the window. It might help clean the scent of me inside the car, for Jasper to breath properly.

"Oh my! You should've said earlier." Alice shot me a worry look through the mirror before quickly doing what I asked. Strong wind slapped me across my face.

"Slow down!"

"Oops! Sorry." She slowed down, and I sighed. My eyes flickered toward Jasper who looks one like a sculpture. I sighed again. Why are they playing with his hunger was beyond my understanding.

"Alice?"

"Yes, Nyra?"

I paused.

"Nothing. Nevermind mind." I chickened out.

"Okay. Feel free to ask anytime." Her voice was gentle, soothing.

I kept my mouth shut, and closed my eyes. What do I even say? Why haven't you left yet, since I found out your identity? Bella is different. She's the protagonist. Not I.

We reached school, the moment I was dreading the most. I quickly leaped out as soon as Alice stopped her car, ignoring the eyes from the people present in the parking lot. But before I could run away, Jasper put a hand over my shoulder, my heart almost jumped out of my mouth.

"Where are you going, little mouse?" He teased in his velvety voice. I slowly craned my head in his direction, my eyes bulging out of their socket at his words. Ain't no way he called me THAT! And why is my heart fluttering?!

"I- uh... Um."

"Cat got your tongue?" The sound of Alice giggling was like Tinkerbell's.

"He's more dangerous than a cat." I countered, causing them to laugh.

We walked toward the building, Alice staying glued to my side, like seriously, she had an arm around my waist. Probably to prevent me from escaping since we're in public eyes. Jasper on the other hand, walked on her other side.

Feeling the heated eyes of the people made me feel like I was naked. Looks like today is going to be a very stressful day.

A heavy sigh left me, and I gladly ignored the vampire couple's eyes. Whispers of my name followed me wherever I go, they get louder when I'm alone but never with Jasper and Alice. The only time I feel at peace was when my classes are going on, then everybody would pay attention to the lesson because our exams are soon.

While walking to my next class, I noticed a group of students switching glances from me, to a spot behind a corner I am supposed to turn. I slowed down, feeling a shiver crawl onto me. As I neared the corner turn the corner, someone huge jumped out in my way.

"Boo!" Emmett bared his sharp teeth, raising his hands into a claw gesture. I stared at him, dumbfounded. Was I supposed to be scared?

He dropped his hand with a defeated grunt.

"She's a brave one." Rosalie emerged, though I didn't react, my heart stopped for a second. And they both heard it.

"That scared you?!" Emmett threw his hand, while Rosalie glowered at me. Both in disbelief.