Chapter 9

I returned home with a hazy mind. The memory of Jasper still fresh in my head, and he refuses to leave me alone. So, I started blaming him for everything bad that happened with me. Stub my toe? Jasper. Bumping my head on the table while I went to pick the tomato that had rolled under it? Jasper. Almost burning the dinner? Jasper.

Jasper Hale had officially became the source of my bad luck.

After getting an earful from my sister, I dragged myself to my room. The silver helmet, sitting on the study desk, glared at me and I threw my shawl over it, to hide it from my sight before falling back on the bed.

That night, I kept myself awake, making several imaginary men, to stop my infatuation toward Jasper. I realised most of them resembled Jasper in some ways. Some had honey-coloured eyes, while some had Jasper's hair, and some with same facial features.

In the end, I settled down with the one who was nothing alike Jasper. He had short dark hair, warm ivory skin with a large muscular body, and grey eyes.

I fell asleep while making scenarios with the imaginary boy. Next day I woke up with a headache, yet I decided against to go back to sleep as I got things to be done.

The sky looked extremely dark, promising a storm on its way as I stepped outside my home. I drove to the nearest shop where I could buy myself a helmet, that was first job to do. After hopping from one shop to another, I got myself a nice open-face helmet from my fourth stop.

It took me a lot longer than I imagined, so I also decided to buy some groceries as we were low on dairy products. It was a good thing that I brought extra cash with me. Aelia was back from her shift, when I arrived home. I took my time putting away the groceries, before going back to my room to study.

My head perked up at the sound of Bella's truck. Out of curiosity, I went to the window to look outside, and my heart nearly fainted at the sight of Billy Black. And he does not look happy.

Even Jacob turned mortified when he saw Edward sitting inside the truck with Bella.

Damn! I got a nice view of the show.

I chuckled to myself, when suddenly Edward's head turned in my direction. Then, everyone's eyes were on me, and the smile on my face instantly vanished as a chill ran down my spine. And I knew something bad was going happen, and Edward's smirk proved my suspicion correct. He muttered something to Bella, as he got out in the rain, and casually started to make his way toward me.

My heart dropped as I realised what he was doing, I quickly hurried downstairs and opened the door to find him working on his way to my porch.

"Good evening, Nyra." His voice was tight as he greeted me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I hissed at him through clenched teeth,

"Why are you so stressed? I just saw you giggling a moment ago." He asked curiously, though his face looked like he knows the reason of my distress, and was astonished to see that I knew about the Quileutes. However, he didn't ask about how I found out. And I'm glad he let go since I don't have any answer to it.

"What do you want?"

"Jasper's helmet." He mused, enjoying looking at me in distress. Fucking sadist. I peeked from his side, and found Billy watching me with horrified eyes.

"Tch. Wait here." I said as I started to turn, but stopped when Edward tried to step inside. I slammed the door shut on his face before he could have a chance to get inside. I listened to his chuckle through the door as I raced upstairs to bring the helmet.

I immediately handed him the helmet, "Here. Have fun." And started closing the door when he stuck his foot in the middle.

"What more do you want from me!?" I bellowed, when I remembered about Billy, I quickly looked behind him but he wasn't there except his car. I assumed he went inside.